Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Old fabric of which I have too much (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/old-fabric-i-have-too-much-t96150.html)

Grandma58 02-02-2011 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a bunch of fabric, mostly from the 70's. Things like suiting which looks like the 50's, corduroy, some polyester, stuff I have no idea what it is. The sizes are weird. Is this something any of you would be interested in. I really have more then I can sew in a life time. The textures of some of it is wonderful. Much of it makes great bags, appliques shapes. None of it is really quilting material, yet I have used it for everything. This one picture gives you an idea.

cindyjean 02-02-2011 10:51 AM

depends on price

AgapeStitches 02-02-2011 10:56 AM

Like cindyjean...price matters
I like to use a variety of materials for bags and many other projects that I am working on.

ckcowl 02-02-2011 11:15 AM

also, if you want to just pass it on...a local senior center would love your donation, they usually have members who sew...and they have no money to spend on things like that. also, schools art departments, care facilities, women's resource center; habitat for humanity...many places would put your old fabrics to great use!

Grandma58 02-02-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by cindyjean
depends on price

I guess it would depend on the fabric.

Grandma58 02-02-2011 11:19 AM

thank you

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
Like cindyjean...price matters
I like to use a variety of materials for bags and many other projects that I am working on.

Grandma58 02-02-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
also, if you want to just pass it on...a local senior center would love your donation, they usually have members who sew...and they have no money to spend on things like that. also, schools art departments, care facilities, women's resource center; habitat for humanity...many places would put your old fabrics to great use!

At this point I have too much into it to just give away. Over 6 tons were given away to a variety of local charities in the original sorting of it.

donnap 02-02-2011 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma58
I have a bunch of fabric, mostly from the 70's. Things like suiting which looks like the 50's, corduroy, some polyester, stuff I have no idea what it is. The sizes are weird. Is this something any of you would be interested in. I really have more then I can sew in a life time. The textures of some of it is wonderful. Much of it makes great bags, appliques shapes. None of it is really quilting material, yet I have used it for everything. This one picture gives you an idea.

make (pillow) slips to store your new quilts it would use a small part of it

AgapeStitches 02-02-2011 12:27 PM

A suggestion for selling it...maybe by the box (small, medium or large priority mail box) and include shipping in the price, with a varity of fabs colors and sizes(yardage and partials)

Grandma58 02-02-2011 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
A suggestion for selling it...maybe by the box (small, medium or large priority mail box) and include shipping in the price, with a varity of fabs colors and sizes(yardage and partials)

That is what I am thinking as well so I am going to post one pic today for feed back