Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   older 1930's reproduction fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/older-1930s-reproduction-fabric-t123529.html)

GirlieWhirlie 05-16-2011 11:04 AM

My LQS bought lots of 1930's fabric from a woman who had a quilt shop five years ago. The woman has been diagnosed with cancer and will never reopen her shop. Anyway, I got to look at them and some are out of print, etc. They have Storybook III and the like. Does anyone want me to look for anything special. I'd be happy to purchase it for you and mail it. These won't be "FOR SALE" until Friday but I can order early. I really don't know what the price per yard will be but if you need a particular print to finish a project I might be able to help.

cctx. 05-16-2011 04:25 PM

Pictures please.
Thanks.

luvTooQuilt 05-16-2011 04:33 PM

Well Id be interested in LOTS but the cost would be a factor.. Let us know the price per yard..

GirlieWhirlie 05-16-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by cctx.
Pictures please.
Thanks.

I'm just asking if you are on the search for a particular older 1930's fabric. My LQS has a least 100 bolts plus fat quarters. If you send me a picture of what you might be looking for, I will search for it.

cctx. 05-16-2011 08:28 PM

Yes, I understand your comment, but how much per yard?
How much for Fat Quarters?
And I have no pictures, but will try to copy and paste images.

Thank you.

GirlieWhirlie 05-17-2011 03:15 AM

Thank you.

I don't know yet what the price will be but I am taking pictures on Friday for another board member and I'll post them on this link. I only buy fabric when it is reasonable and the LQS is usually reasonable. I will automatically get a 10% price reduction so that helps.

Janetlmt 05-17-2011 03:55 AM

I would be interested in anything blue, lavender or yellow.

cctx. 05-17-2011 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by GirlieWhirlie

Thank you.

I don't know yet what the price will be but I am taking pictures on Friday for another board member and I'll post them on this link. I only buy fabric when it is reasonable and the LQS is usually reasonable. I will automatically get a 10% price reduction so that helps.

I'll check back by Friday. Thank You

GirlieWhirlie 05-20-2011 03:39 AM

I received an email last night regarding pricing. She is selling them for $8 a yard and $2 for fat quarters.

I expected them to be cheaper but no one around here carries 1930's so I guess that's why they are more expensive.

A few of you have asked for certain colors and I will photo what they have for you.

Please remember that you will need to pay postage.

GirlieWhirlie 05-21-2011 03:11 AM

10 Attachment(s)
I was going to put numbered sticky notes on each bold but there were so many people in the shop that I couldn't. So now I'm just posting the pictures for your viewing enjoyment.