Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Oops! Did I let my DH hubby down or.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oops-did-i-let-my-dh-hubby-down-t79389.html)

deedum 11-28-2010 09:15 PM

DH had asked me last month to stay out of the fabric stores til January, apparently I visited them abit often :-D I had managed to collect a bit of a stash as I am in the boondocks and fear being snowed in with no fabric, if only you can imagine!
So this weekend, I went to the fabric store to get some fleece for a Christmas gift that he was aware of and I bought a tad extra (twice). (We can afford it and we are making a bigger effort of giving to others this year more than ever)There was some great prices and since they count toward Christmas gifts and charity blankets, I don't think this counts toward January goal, do you?
At least that is my take on it!

featherweight 11-28-2010 09:17 PM

That is the way I look at it to. You go girl!!!

sueisallaboutquilts 11-28-2010 09:17 PM

I absolutely agree with you!! :D:D

Quiltforme 11-28-2010 09:22 PM

It was on sale and it was needed. I don't see why it would let him down. Giving is always a great reason to buy fabric since it is a gift!

cjomomma 11-28-2010 09:27 PM

My DH never knows when I buy fabric only because he doesn't know what I already have. Plus I only buy a piece here and there. I only allow myself to spend $10.00 to $15.00 a month on new fabric's and thread and that is only if we have the extra money.

trisha 11-28-2010 09:34 PM

Hey dee:
Does it make a difference WHICH Christmas you are buying fabric for? LOL I say go for it. Ya never know, they may run out of fabric by next year, so might as well get it while you can!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 11-28-2010 11:40 PM

LOL.... Didn't you already have that picked out ?? So just catching up w/last months buys?? He might not get that you were having withdrawls:), He might remind you your hanging out with a bunch of enablers, and that might be bad if it were a bad habit, rather than all the wonderful encouraging. Fabriholics !! who create pretty useful items :)

raptureready 11-29-2010 01:53 AM

Was it on sale? If so you can take the amount you saved, subtract it from the amount you spent and see how much you really spent. I once needed a winter coat. I found a fabric one that I liked for $178 and a leather one that was on sale for 50% off at $199. Okay, if it's 50% off that makes me saving the same amount that I spent so it's free. Then add in the $178 that I didn't spend by not buying the fabric coat and I actually made $178 minus the taxes on the $199. So I made about $160 and had a new leather coat!!!

it's okay, DH didn't buy into my way of figuring either.

plainpat 11-29-2010 02:26 AM

Make him a fleece throw...or better yet , buy one at Joanns, already made :-)....It's all good...whatever works for you :-)

Mary O 11-29-2010 03:15 AM

It's an addiction! I need to get my fabric fix every now and then and get just a fat quarter to help....Do they have rehabs for quilters? First in line......