Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   ORDERING ACCUQUILT GO DIES TOMORROW ..HELP??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ordering-accuquilt-go-dies-tomorrow-help-t72099.html)

Donna Mare 10-24-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
.. Ive got all but the strips, Not too interested in the strips..I have my 2Definitely the 2.5 to use up the scraps..But these are my must haves-3-4 inch O'lipa rulers to make strips with
#55004- parallelogram is a neat one
#55039 - Chisel- definitely a must have
#55040- Diamond is another good one
# 55016 - Isosceles triangle is awesome..
#55020- 6.5 tumbler is nice- make a super quick last min quilt
& the new baby tumbler would be good for using up scraps as well..

OK I have these all copied down. thank you !! I don't know what you mean by the Olip rulers but will look those up. thank you so much. I can tell I will be buying a little bit at a time. Appreciate your help, Donna

Donna Mare 10-24-2010 06:46 PM

You must have the patience to applique. Bless you ! I used to tie quilts off..but have been watching the stitching here and it is beautiful.. I have trouble with my right hand and know I can't do it hand sewing though. Can't afford the machine that does it but see some people use their regualar sewing machine. I didnt even realize that was an option. Gets more exciting each day I read new things here!

Donna Mare 10-24-2010 06:47 PM

oh yea,make sure you ALWAYS have a spare mat for each size... They wear out pretty quick..

hmm Ok nice to know. I heard they were good for about a year..So much for that thought! thankyou!

littlehud 10-24-2010 07:18 PM

I can't help with the dies buy wanted to say your fabric is awesome.

gale 10-24-2010 08:42 PM

I've gotten the best prices on dies from cricket's quilts on ebay. She also runs a yahoo group called Accuquilt Divas.

katesnanna 10-24-2010 09:37 PM

[quote=Donna Mare]The GO isn't here yet but it will be in a few days. I've been on the internet trying to find some decent buys on a few dies to save shipping money and guessing what I might need. The machine comes with
Square 4 1/2
Half square 2 1/2 inch. Both finish a half inch less.

Purchasing

Half Square 3 inch finished Triangle 27.84

Chisels 27.99
--

I have purchased some dies and mats recently from worldweidnerco on ebay. Their prices were the best I could find. Better than Accuquilt. Postage to Australia was very reasonable. They are in Blackwell Oklahoma. Hope this helps.

katesnanna 10-24-2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Donna Mare
You must have the patience to applique. Bless you ! I used to tie quilts off..but have been watching the stitching here and it is beautiful.. I have trouble with my right hand and know I can't do it hand sewing though. Can't afford the machine that does it but see some people use their regualar sewing machine. I didnt even realize that was an option. Gets more exciting each day I read new things here!

Make sure you invest in a walking foot if you are going to quilt on an ordinary machine. Without this little treasure it can be quite disappointing. Can't quote a price as I'm in Australia and things are more expensive down here.
I have quilted every quilt I've made on a home sewing machine. Nothing too fancy, mainly SID or echo quilting.

luvTooQuilt 10-24-2010 10:20 PM

Certain dies eat thru the mats faster than others.. My rag rug dies are the hardest on my mats.. but I try to alternate the dies with the mats so the cuts are all over the mat .. As for them lasting a year it really depends on how often your use your Go.. I love my machine.. I hope you do to..

As for the O'lipfa Rulers they are just acrylic rulers with a lip on the edge to keep flush with my cutting mat.. I have quite a few of different sizes.. 2.5x18, 3x18, 3.5x24, 4x14, 5x24 are just some..

Donna Mare 10-25-2010 04:13 AM

Definitely the 2.5 to use up the scraps..But these are my must haves.. Ive got all but the strips, Not too interested in the strips..I have my 2-3-4 inch O'lipa rulers to make strips with
#55004- parallelogram is a neat one
#55039 - Chisel- definitely a must have
#55040- Diamond is another good one
# 55016 - Isosceles triangle is awesome..
#55020- 6.5 tumbler is nice- make a super quick last min quilt
& the new baby tumbler would be good for using up scraps as well..

Can you tell me what these rulers are ? I did a search on them but didn't find them. The strips are $70 and up. I am looking for alternatives. Thank you !

JoanneS 10-25-2010 11:28 AM

Check out jhittlesewing.com. Freeshipping when you spend $100 - you'll do that easily on the dies you want. No tax if you don't live in Kentucky. Compare to the Ebay bidding - I'm not that patient!