Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Organizing my closet is making me feel like a Magican... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/organizing-my-closet-making-me-feel-like-magican-t109489.html)

JUNEC 03-21-2011 12:25 PM

doing the scarf trick, when 1 scarf turns into 2, then 3, etc. Everywhere I turn, I am finding hidden fabric. I just looking into the bottom of a cloth/wire hamper (which I though had just packing supplies) - The bottom was filled with scraps & fat quarters - SURPRISE - have no idea when I got it.

It was bad enough when I had to clean out my "Walk-In Closet" of hidden fabric purchases for the past couple of months - only removed what I had to so I could lean into it get clothes to pack for vacation.

I get the feeling that I should have made a treasure map of my house marked with "X's" reminding me where hidden fabric is.

I feel like a squirrel looking for his nuts - memory is not as good as it was - old age is tough - but I must keep looking for more treasures - This organization is beginning to be a fun game.... I think

Quiltforme 03-21-2011 12:28 PM

I finally had to give up the hunt when I started taking pain meds they made me forget that I even bought material :) I just now fold it and put it away he still has no idea it is for a good cause though so my hubby is ok with those extra purchases :)

JUNEC 03-21-2011 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
I finally had to give up the hunt when I started taking pain meds they made me forget that I even bought material :) I just now fold it and put it away he still has no idea it is for a good cause though so my hubby is ok with those extra purchases :)

My greatest fear - is if anything happens to me - my kids will not treasure my stash - especially when they will find it all over the house like an Easter egg hunt.

darlin121 03-21-2011 12:39 PM

I know what you mean, I am redoing my sewing area too and found a whole boatload of patterns and books that I will never get around to using. Trying to sell them to other board members who want them. Posting on Tuesday nights until everything is manageable in my sewing room again. Organizing can be fun. But I have now realized that what I thought was 7-10 UFOs is really 25-30 unmade projects! Maybe,if I can stay off the board long enough, I can catch up!

erstan947 03-21-2011 12:59 PM

I'm so old I can hide my own Easter eggs :):):)

quilting cat 03-21-2011 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I'm so old I can hide my own Easter eggs :):):)

:lol: :lol:
At least MOST of my fabric is in my sewing room -- I KNOW it hasn't managed to creep into bedroom or hallway closets, although occasionally a bag will show up in the trunk of my car that I forgot to bring in! ;-) :wink:

katiescraftshop 03-21-2011 01:47 PM

My DH never knows what I have and what I don't. As soon as I bring it home I wash it and stash it in my craft room. At least all in one spot till it makes it into the correct bins.

JUNEC 03-21-2011 01:52 PM

I swear that I am trying to collect all my eggs and put them in just one basket - my newly organized closet- in the newly created sewing room - but it is just a little difficult finding where they are hidden - and my excuse AND I WILL SWEAR ON MY SEWING MACHINE TO IT- is that I never had a sewing room before - now I do - so everything will be in just that room - hopefully in the near future.(I have told me DH)

BellaBoo 03-21-2011 01:56 PM

I know for a fact my kids or DH will not want to hassle with my quilting stash if something happened to me. It will all go to the first person they can find to come get it. LOL. That's okay, it's not for them it's for me so when I'm gone I'll have no use for it.

happyscrappy 03-21-2011 04:56 PM

i have a saying on my sewing room wall by a.a. milne that says: one of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.