Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ouch!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ouch-t166148.html)

LLWinston44 11-04-2011 07:50 PM

Ack!!! I never thought of someone ELSE stepping on the foot!!!! My dogs are always under my table!!! Omg I would faint! Lol

KimS 11-04-2011 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 (Post 4633698)
ACK!! Hope it's not too bad tomorrow!! When I was 8+ months pregnant with my son (a hundred years ago..lol..well, 26+ yrs.) I was visiting my Mom, it was summer and I was walking around barefoot. I took a step, and felt a sharp pain in the ball of my foot...I had stepped on a threaded sewing needle, eye end went in 1st, thread and all...yep, eye end, we never did figure out how that happened! My parents had the thick textured carpet, hard to see if something was down in the carpet pile. What was really bad (but kinda funny now) is that I semi limped with my large pregnant belly to a chair to sit down, to see what I had stepped on. Meantime here came my mom to look, when she saw what it was, she had to go and sit down to keep from fainting! I had to pull it out myself!... I can really sympathize with you...
Take care,
Kif

What I did doesn't even compare to what you went through.

BETTY62 11-04-2011 09:07 PM

Ouch is right. That hurts. If you are not up to date, go get a tetanus (sp) shot. Also, if possible soak your finger it in epson salt water as it should keep the infection down.

Peckish 11-04-2011 09:54 PM

Ah, the newest member of the club - we have jackets, what size would you like?!??!!

My dear friend Cindi got the needle of her longarm stuck in her finger - she couldn't reach the power switch and her husband was not within yelling range, so she had to wait, bent over the frame with the needle stuck in her finger, until he finally came to find her.

Jim 11-04-2011 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by KimS (Post 4633543)
I was threading the needle on my machine and putting the thread behind the foot when all of a sudden I see the needle in my finger. Lily was underneath the cabinet and had stepped on the pedal. I thought I was going to either wet myself or pass out. It didn't go all the way through but it did go through the nail. I'll have one sore finger tomorrow I'm sure.

Ive done that same thing, and know you will be feeling it for some time...I soaked mine twice a day in peroxide and I believe it healed faster..sure took the string out of it. Hope yours heals quickly

Jim's Gem 11-04-2011 09:55 PM

Ouch!!!! Does not sound like fun!

lovedquilts 11-05-2011 03:27 AM

What were the odds of that happening. Hope you were still able to sew.

cindi 11-05-2011 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 4634041)

My dear friend Cindi got the needle of her longarm stuck in her finger - she couldn't reach the power switch and her husband was not within yelling range, so she had to wait, bent over the frame with the needle stuck in her finger, until he finally came to find her.

I sure did - and let me tell you, standing there unable to move was terrifying! I couldn't turn the machine off because the switch was in the BACK of the machine and I can't reach it unless I walk around the frame. I was afraid to try to turn the wheel for fear the machine would start up again and continue sewing my finger before I could get it out. I gave my DH the what-for for having the TV up too loud in the garage. He was a bit shook up about it all and attached the outlet strip closer to the front of my frame so I can hit it with my foot no matter where I am standing. If you've not done this, I suggest you do it straight away!

Dyan 11-05-2011 04:29 AM

I had the needle go through my finger in High School Home Ec class, we have machines with knee thingy instead of a foot pedal, yacking to a friend my knee hit the thingy and down the needle went right through my index finger...

susie-susie-susie 11-05-2011 04:34 AM

I think we have all done that one time or another. We all feel for you. Hope your finger feels
better soon and hope your shots are all up to date. Bad bad dog--he probably thought he was helping you!!! My DGS was about 2 years old when he did that. Lucky no ones hands were
under the needle because it was going full speed. Probably would have sewn clear up
my arm.
Sue