Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our most embarrassing/funniest mistakes while quilting/sewing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-most-embarrassing-funniest-mistakes-while-quilting-sewing-t205595.html)

nakotha 11-10-2012 12:46 AM

Our most embarrassing/funniest mistakes while quilting/sewing

Howdy!
Last night - out of the blue - a memory popped into my mind and it made me giggle. Last year I finished a quilt. I sewed the binding with the machine and didn't realize that there was no thread on the bobbin. So I was sewing round and round and round and it took about 10 minutes till I was wondering that something didn't worked as planned. Back then I was thinking, that I must have been a stupid geese. Today it is a very funny memory. :o

So, what are your most embrassing/funniest/weird mistakes while quilting/sewing? Please share them!

rush88888 11-10-2012 03:58 AM

having a ruffling border
sewing something on the back that isn't suppose to be there
i blush...

Just Me... 11-10-2012 04:45 AM

somehow I stitched my shirt into a seam once....did I mention while I was TEACHING a class! Lifted up the project and up came my shirt!

Toni C 11-10-2012 04:55 AM

Sewing blocks together one was wrong way.Did this ALMOST 3 times Same Block for goodness sake

Buckeye Rose 11-10-2012 05:04 AM

I was creating a bag (just my own little version of the bowtucks) and finished, thinking "wow, I really like that". Then went to change everything over from my other bag and realized I had sewn one side of the lining, pockets and all, upside down! I wasn't exactly laughing though....my seam ripper and I had quite the conversation that morning!

MaryStoaks 11-10-2012 05:23 AM

I made a quilt for my DILs mother who is a friend of mine. The day I gave it to her (it was a suprize ) her mother was here with her. She was thrilled! As she spread it out on my sofa to see the whole quilt I noticed that I had sewn one side of the binding on backwards! I was so embaressed and said I would fix it. She said I shouldn't change a thing! She loved it as it was. Now I see it every time I go to her house.:p

pinkcastle 11-10-2012 06:13 AM

Sewing through my thumb. I don't remember the particulars, but I do remember seeing thread coming out of my thumb nail and my husband calling the nurse helpline to see what to do about it. Not my best moment.

kateyb 11-10-2012 06:18 AM

I was BOM chairman for our quilt guild and when showing a few sample blocks at a board meeting I realized I had sewn a section of one of the blocks in backward order, so it didn't make the flower design intended.

OKLAHOMA PEACH 11-10-2012 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Just Me... (Post 5647181)
somehow I stitched my shirt into a seam once....did I mention while I was TEACHING a class! Lifted up the project and up came my shirt!

lol, sounds like something I would do.

OKLAHOMA PEACH 11-10-2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by pinkcastle (Post 5647360)
Sewing through my thumb. I don't remember the particulars, but I do remember seeing thread coming out of my thumb nail and my husband calling the nurse helpline to see what to do about it. Not my best moment.

Oh that hurts to think about it.