Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our super walmart is bringing back material (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-super-walmart-bringing-back-material-t196031.html)

ThreadHead 07-28-2012 02:48 PM

Our super walmart is bringing back material

I was at Walmart today when I spotted about 20 bolts of fabric. My mouth dropped open and I gasped. I ran over to check the prices, but they were not marked. I asked the Walmart lady about prices and she said they have tons in the back store room that they had to bring out before they could mark them. She said they would be ready in about a week. I said I''LL BE BACK!!

ging10ging 07-28-2012 02:57 PM

My closest Wal Mart is getting rid of their craft/sewing dept. because the other one down the road has a full fabric dept. they just bought in tons of fabric. So the closet one to me didn't have fabric anymore anyway but now I'll have to travel elsewhere to get my yarn and fabric if I want from WalMart. I have to say that some of the fabric they have brought in is very nice fabric. They have some thinner fabrics but they also have very nice fabric. I think it depends on what you want it for. Their prices are better than JoAnne's and LQS but they also sell on a much larger store. I just wish they would have brought it back to my store. Lucky you. Sue

sassey 07-28-2012 05:00 PM

i keep checking out my walmart for fabric I see they are remodeling so just maybe fabric will be coming soon

Lois-nounoe 07-28-2012 06:04 PM

We have a new Wal Mart being built in our town about 6 miles away! Can't wait! It is suppose to be the largest one within 400 miles of us! Will be opening sometime in Oct we were informed. Right now the only one we have that has fabric is 20 miles away and the others (without but Super Stores) are 23 and 26 miles away. Since they are in Delaware, the "no sales tax state" we do our monthly shopping in those stores but I will gladly pay the 6% sales tax to save the gas! LOL

Pat625 07-28-2012 06:52 PM

They redid the department in my store and I have found great deals and much nicer fabric than they had carried before!! Actually a lot is the same as Joannes has and cheaper than the cost with a coupon!!

ThreadHead 07-29-2012 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5401902)
They redid the department in my store and I have found great deals and much nicer fabric than they had carried before!! Actually a lot is the same as Joannes has and cheaper than the cost with a coupon!!

Walmart did away with the fabric department about a year ago. I kept asking (10 times) when they were bringing it back, that's why I got so excited when I saw it. What I saw was good looking material, so I HOPE it is cheaper than JoAnn's.

gmcsewer 08-08-2012 06:36 PM

Our super walmart just got some remodeling and painting. I was surprised today when I was picking up a few things to see they have put fabric back in. Not as big a section as before and no patterns but will help with quilt fabrics.

Yarn or Fabric 08-10-2012 05:54 AM

Congratulations! I do miss my closest Walmart fabric department. We have 5 or 6 within driving distance but the WM closest to me shut down their department. It was a shame since it was the best department in town...
Sadly I have to say that I haven't bought fabric from any of the other WM's except for their clearance ones... their prices are nearly as much as Hancock's and Joanns but without the luxury of having sales or coupons to use on the material :'( Their fabric prices shot up last year - a lot...