Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paducah AQS Quilt Show? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paducah-aqs-quilt-show-t98861.html)

QuiltingGrannie 02-11-2011 04:33 PM

I'm trying to find out what the registration fee is for the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah this April 27 - 30.

Anyone know the price - for non members?
I know it's less if you are a member so if you have that infor it would help also.

We may be going!!!!! DH is already planning the trip!

Never mind. I found it.

Now to start making plans! Anyone else going?

Maggiesmom 02-11-2011 04:40 PM

just google AQS show Paducah and you can get all the info you want.

BluegrassGurl 02-11-2011 04:42 PM

I am!! Me and a co-worker will be there on Friday and Saturday. I'm sooooo excited.

I was there for the first time two years ago.... and only for a day. I had to RUN thru everything... oh my.... it was amazing. At least this year I will have 2 full days.

Doing the happy dance! ;-)

sandyl 02-11-2011 04:45 PM

ME! My first time there, but really looking forward to it. Are you taking any of the classes? We are camping and plan to be in the area a week.

QuiltingGrannie 02-11-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by sandyl
ME! My first time there, but really looking forward to it. Are you taking any of the classes? We are camping and plan to be in the area a week.

Looking over the classes to see what they are offering.

We will most likely stay with DH's sister about 50 miles from the show.

dkabasketlady 02-11-2011 07:44 PM

I'm going and will be there Friday & Saturday. Staying with my BEST friend in New Concord, KY.(about 45 min. away). Can't wait to go!!

BellaBoo 02-11-2011 08:30 PM

I go every year. It's about 5-6 hour drive for me. I get a hotel out of Paducah since I have the car. I park in Hancock's or the tent grounds and ride the shuttle bus everywhere. But driving and parking is never a problem if I chose to drive place to place. I'll be there Thursday about noon and stay until Sat. noon. I go alone. I just don't like having company at this quilt show. I want to do what I want when I want, go back two times or six times to a vendor booth, watch a demo one time or a dozen. Eat when I want and touch every bolt in Hancock's and look at every book piled on the sale table. I never get lonely there! There are quilters to talk to where ever you go. I love sitting on Hancock's porch chatting with the quilters from all over.

Don't forget to go to the quilt vendors in the mall and the stores downtown, they are set up everywhere. When you see a big yellow sign that says Fabric Sale, go in. It's a great bargain shop from a small quilt shop in a nearby town. Quilt in a Day has two places, the quilt store and the big tent show and sale. Too much to do and see in one day that's for sure.

rexie 02-12-2011 08:24 AM

Don't miss Eleanor Burns Show at the fairgrounds.

BellaBoo 02-12-2011 10:04 AM

One thing I love is Eleanor Burns and her son Orion and all her staff are out and about at the tent sale and barn. She is usually sitting in the barn signing books when not doing her tent show. Everyone at her place is super friendly.