Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paducah....FIRST TIME GOING (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paducah-first-time-going-t35233.html)

Darlene loves Chocolates 01-27-2010 08:11 AM

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY PADUCAH?

DO YOU HAVE ANY SECRET HINTS?

26th Annual AQS Quilt Show & Contest in Paducah,
to be held April 21-24, 2010.

Aunt Doggie 01-27-2010 08:36 AM

Couldn't get hotel room for the weekend, so we are just going to "stop by" on way home from Lexington trip...

Would you (anyone else?) want to try to meet up for a few minutes somewhere/sometime that Saturday????

Wouldn't it be neat to meet some of these people???

Let me know your thoughts!
Aunt Doggie (Cathay)

mic-pa 01-27-2010 08:51 AM

One of my very favorite shows. Been there several times and unfortunately wiil not be going this year. I spent four days there and did not see it all. The show is great, Hancocks of Paducah is great, Eleanor Burns has her own shop there, the museum is not to be missed. So very much, so little time. Hope you enjoy.

rexie 01-27-2010 08:55 AM

I live about 30 minutes from Paducah. I might find you a Bed and Breakfast or a room if you are still interested.

rexie 01-27-2010 08:57 AM

I forgot....You have got to see Eleanor Burns' Show at the fair grounds. My friends and I usually go on Wednesday and then to the convention center for shopping. Sometimes there are mkae shift malls set up around town. If I hear of any, I will let you know.

BellaBoo 01-27-2010 09:26 AM

If driving, park at Hancocks and then ride the shuttle buses to wherever you want to go if you have the time. If you are rushed for time then it's faster to drive yourself. They run about every 30 min or so, they are free, I usually tip the diver if they have a tip jar out,(volunteer) and meeting other quilters on the ride is one of the highlights for me. Some well known quilters ride the shuttles! E Burns has lots of free parking at her tents but the gates are locked in the parking lot at 6 pm and Hancocks stays open until 9 or 10. E Burns has a LQS in town and it is not at her tent/barn sales. It's in town. The shuttle buses go to both. Keep bottle water with you as it is very warm in April in KY. It's usually windy too so forget about a fussy hairdo. If driving the motels in nearby towns are much cheaper. I usually stay about an hour away from Paducah.

dglvr 01-27-2010 09:56 AM

I would guess it would be time. Lots of time. Good walking shoes. A camera to share pictures with those of us that can't go. When is the show? I'm jelious your going without me.
Hope its fun. Oh better take a big bag to keep all your goodies too. Want my list? hehe.
:thumbup:

Darlene loves Chocolates 01-27-2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by rexie
I live about 30 minutes from Paducah. I might find you a Bed and Breakfast or a room if you are still interested.

Yes, please help me. Something super nice, please

Boston1954 01-27-2010 01:17 PM

Take a million pictures. I have joyfully re-lived many past events by looking at all the photographs I took.

rexie 01-27-2010 02:07 PM

I will list the places that have rooms available and their numbers so you all can check to see if it is what you would like.
1. Hampton Inn...Murray, Ky. $109.65...270-767-2226 (about 45 minutes from Paducah.
2. Kenlake State Park...1 bedroom cottages left....$134.95....270-474-2211 (about 35 minutes from Paducah.
3. Seven Creeks Bed and Breakfast....rooms available, but must share a bathroom...Benton, Ky. 270-205-5297

I will post more as I can get the info.