Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paper Dolls Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paper-dolls-fabric-t164087.html)

Retired GI Jo 10-29-2011 05:06 AM

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has actually made "paper dolls" out of this fabric, along with the clothes, and, if so, how did you do it--which line did you use, Windham or Aunt Lindy? Although both lines are a couple years old, they are still available online. I was thinking of making my 3 YO GD some for Christmas, but haven't come across a good tutorial anywhere. There seem to be several different ones on EBay with 7" dolls, 3.5" dolls, and some don't have the doll size. Thanks for any info (and hopefully links) you may have.

Joyce

raptureready 10-29-2011 05:10 AM

I fuse the dolls to a pretty stiff backing and then also fuse flannel to the back of the clothes. By making a little pouch for each dolly and her clothes I can carry sets of my little "church dollies" in my purse. The little girls in church love them and it keeps them quietly entertained.

pjaco 10-29-2011 05:15 AM

What a great idea, Raptureready!! You are a good egg!!

QuiltnNan 10-29-2011 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by pjaco
What a great idea, Raptureready!! You are a good egg!!

ditto

bearisgray 10-29-2011 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I fuse the dolls to a pretty stiff backing and then also fuse flannel to the back of the clothes. By making a little pouch for each dolly and her clothes I can carry sets of my little "church dollies" in my purse. The little girls in church love them and it keeps them quietly entertained.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Retired GI Jo 10-29-2011 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready

Do you remember which line of dolls you used? And, I've never fused anything. Could you elaborate a little for me, please. Including, stiff backing. Like cardboard, or some kind of stiff fabric? If you feel like it's too much detail for this forum, could you PM me with the info. Thanks so much.

Joyce

LLWinston44 10-29-2011 07:29 AM

I did them, and they are so cute!! I fused them to cardboard like Fusible interfacing and fused the back with some scrap fabric, then gut them out. Then I used fusible fleece for the clothes, which I also cut out after I fused it. I then added Velcro to the body and the clothes, with a little magnet on the back of the body for the fridge.
I did them with the new Moda line, but I do have some Aunt Lindy that I'll be doing the same thing with. They are perfect sized.

joyce blint 10-29-2011 07:36 AM

I have the fabric waiting to be done. Have traced around the dolls and husb is going to cut the doll shapes from thin wood. Will glue (or spray) the dolls to the wood and use some stiffener behind the clothes. Maybe velco to put the clothes on??? Haven't gotten that far.

I'm using the wood backing to make them more durable because these are for the 18 mo old granddaughter.

I have the Windham fabrics.

Fraew 10-29-2011 12:15 PM

Would love to see pictures all of you puleeeease :)

Peckish 10-29-2011 12:28 PM

I cut out the dolls, fused interfacing on the backside, and am working on a dollhouse quilt for the dolls to live in. I didn't use any kind of stiffener because I want the dolls to be soft.