Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paper piecing and foundation piecing question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paper-piecing-foundation-piecing-question-t20294.html)

BlueChicken 05-18-2009 10:45 PM

I think I keep getting these all mixed up.

When you tack fabric to bits of paper, and then whipstitch the bits together (like hexagons) it's called paper piecing?

And when you draw lines on a bit of paper and sew the fabric straight to the paper with your machine it's called foundation piecing?

camillacamilla 05-18-2009 11:10 PM

what you are calling paper piecing is called either "english paper piecing" or paper piecing. You are right about the foundation piecing. However, what is called foundation piecing is often called just paper piecing. Confused more yet??? :mrgreen:

k3n 05-18-2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I think I keep getting these all mixed up.

When you tack fabric to bits of paper, and then whipstitch the bits together (like hexagons) it's called paper piecing?

And when you draw lines on a bit of paper and sew the fabric straight to the paper with your machine it's called foundation piecing?

That's the way I understood it Blue!

K x

BlueChicken 05-18-2009 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by camillacamilla
what you are calling paper piecing is called either "english paper piecing" or paper piecing. You are right about the foundation piecing. However, what is called foundation piecing is often called just paper piecing. Confused more yet??? :mrgreen:

What's my name again?!? LOL

English paper piecing rings a bell, I've seen that phrase used.

Ninnie 05-19-2009 12:18 AM

Great! just when I am finally getting up my nerve to try !T, now you go and change the names on me, or at least give me the right names, (head is spinning round and round).

:lol: :lol:

I have no idea what the name is, still scares me.

The world of paper piecing, where no Ninnie has gone before!

Ninnie

BlueChicken 05-19-2009 12:44 AM

The techniques are a breeze, it's the names I can't hack! LOL

Ninnie 05-19-2009 12:54 AM

The techniques are a breeze, it's the names I can't hack! LOL

Sure BC, easy for you! I, on the other hand like working with mathematics, squares rectangles, triangles, even curves don't scare me, but PP I shutter.

Going to try it in a couple of weeks, time to catch up and around here and get my nerve up,,LOL

Ninnie

BlueChicken 05-19-2009 01:02 AM

Dude... I have a maths brain too! I love patterns, sequences, geometric shapes, etc. So if I can do it, you can too. :-)

Ninnie 05-19-2009 01:07 AM

Dude... I have a maths brain too! I love patterns, sequences, geometric shapes, etc. So if I can do it, you can too. :-)

TY BC, TY

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! Choo Choo !

Ninnie

Barb M 05-19-2009 01:31 AM

You guys are too funny lol. Ok, here it is:

English paper piecing is the hexagony paper templates

Paper piecing is lines drawn on paper that you sew the fabric to

Foundation piecing, is using fabric as a foundation, with lines drawn on the fabric, done exactly same as paper piecing, only you dont tear away the fabric after like you do paper :) :) :) See im smart lol