Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paper Piecing -- Mistakes I Made (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paper-piecing-mistakes-i-made-t202233.html)

Amythyst02 10-05-2012 03:11 AM

What a fantastic quilt, that is absolutely beautiful!!

Yooper32 10-05-2012 04:05 AM

I got quite a chuckle and a few large ha-ha's from reading your thread. Sounds like probably what most any of us go through when first paper-piecing. That said, I must say that your results in no way show the torturous route traveled to get there. It is beautiful!

Lbatescpa 10-05-2012 04:29 AM

I took a course with Carol Doak. I had paper pieced before but after being taught by the master I now like this method the best. She is just lovely and a patient teacher. Her tips and tricks really helped me. I still have problems with triangles and still have to rip out a seam or two but I love the end result. I also love her miniature quilts.
When I bought her book and put the CD in my computer the first time I heard a crack. It had broken in half. I went online and called the contact number and left a message. Carol called me back in a few minutes. She had her publicist mail me another CD and I got it in 2 days! She offered to put some of my quilts on her website. I have made so many from her patterns that I have lost count. I am currently making a weding quilt for my daughter from her 50 paper pieced stars. I have about 30 done and it has only taken me 6 years!!!!!!! My daughter and her husband just celebrated their 5th wedding anniversary and have 2 little girls. She mentions the quilt quite often. Every retreat I go on, I make a couple more. I told her maybe for her 10th....

Your quilt is just gorgeous. If I could figure out how to upload a pic or two I would share my Maine star with you!

kathbug 10-05-2012 05:32 AM

Well all your frustration and hard work payed off! It is beautiful !

callen 10-05-2012 05:52 AM

It was sure worth the effort - your finished quilt is absolutely beautiful. GREAT job !!!

barny 10-05-2012 06:11 AM

Wow! If you come out with something so beautiful making all those mistakes[your words,ha], there's no telling what you will do with the next one.

sparkys_mom 10-05-2012 06:14 AM

Lovely quilt - even if it was "hard earned". :)

MimiBug123 10-05-2012 07:30 AM

You would never know you had problems! This is a truly gorgeous quilt!

grocifer 10-05-2012 07:40 AM

Valerie Ann -- Last Super Bowl Weekend, I saw a good deal on fat quarters online on Hoffman fabrics called Batik Tutti Fruitti so that was perfect to get me started. I added other bright colors from "wherever" as I went along. I found a Moda Kona Black at Joann's and that was the one I was most worried about.
Thanks all for the compliments..........

green pen 10-05-2012 09:06 AM

If I can make those same mistakes, will my quilt turn out to be as stunning as yours? LOL Silly woman, you did a fantastic job and no one, NO ONE is going to notice any of those mistakes.