Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Paper Piecing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/paper-piecing-t165072.html)

SLHughes 11-02-2011 05:24 AM

Paper Piecing

I have now found another new addiction. Paper Piecing!!! Wow, I didn't realize how much fun it is and so easy. I took my very first class in it last week and really enjoyed it.

Does anyone else out there really enjoy paper piecing? If so do you know of any great sites to go to for easy patterns for paper piecing??

I cant wait to finish my first project and will post a pic later when completed.

QuiltnNan 11-02-2011 05:31 AM

looking forward to your pic. i've not tried it yet. i love the concept, though :thumbup:

Donna P 11-02-2011 05:35 AM

paper piecing

I love paper piecing also. I have been doing it for a long time now. I do alot from Carol Doaks book...she has some great patterns out there that are so very easy to follow. She also has a web site too on Yahoo you can join. Have fun.

Donna

Crafty1 11-02-2011 05:39 AM

I'm working on my first paper piecing project and love it so far! I admit I was nervous and scared at first, but after a few test blocks I'm feeling very comfortable with it. I've done two rows out of five so far!

Delta 11-02-2011 05:45 AM

GIRL. I love to paper piece and have actually taken patterns and made them into paper piecing.
Just google free paper piecing patterns, Carl Doaks has a bunch there are wondeful site. I usually
just search and equiltpatterns.com has a bunch as well.
good luck. I know you will do well. I just love pp
Dawn in Waco

Chicca 11-02-2011 05:57 AM

Paper piecing is wonderful! There are loads of sites with great paper piecing patterns...on your home page just type Free Paper Piecing Quilt Block Patterns in the search box. You will have hours of fun searching and trying new patterns. One of my favorite sites to explore is Quilters Cache. This site has every pattern imaginable and is so fun to just explore. Thanks for sharing and have a great time.

mhansen6 11-02-2011 06:26 AM

I love the look of paper piecing but I HATE taking the paper off. Has anyone found a way to get the paper off easier? I do reduce my stitch length.

margie77072 11-02-2011 09:59 AM

Paper Piecing Sites

Here are a few I use:
piecebynumber.com
quiltiger.homip.net
quilterscache.com
sewhooked.com
paperpanache.com
yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/paper-piecing-tutorial-links.html

I don't know how to make them into links.

MissSandra 11-02-2011 10:00 AM

I love it also, espically the clean lines it creates, I have used carol doaks site for a year or so and she has some free patterns.
enjoy

Emma S 11-02-2011 10:13 AM

I agree about Carol Doaks her books are a pleasure to use. I also use my Electric company to make a paper piece pattern for any portion of a block I want to make sure I have points. Just figure out the measurements and draw the "block", perfect points everytime.