Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Part 2 Wide ironing boards at Wal-Mart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/part-2-wide-ironing-boards-wal-mart-t147066.html)

Dina 08-22-2011 12:17 PM

I bought a wide ironing board at one of our Wal-Marts Friday, and I was curious to see if that ironing board was at our other Wal-Marts. So today I stopped at a second Wal-Mart, and they had five of them, plus they had replacement covers for $9.22. The Ironing board is $39.97.

I am very pleased with my ironing board. I hope that if you are one who wants one, that your Wal-Mart has them.

fabric_fancy 08-22-2011 12:22 PM

i was at walmart this weekend and happened to notice them too

craftybear 08-22-2011 12:23 PM

glad you found some more of them

Originally Posted by Dina
I bought a wide ironing board at one of our Wal-Marts Friday, and I was curious to see if that ironing board was at our other Wal-Marts. So today I stopped at a second Wal-Mart, and they had five of them, plus they had replacement covers for $9.22. The Ironing board is $39.97.

I am very pleased with my ironing board. I hope that if you are one who wants one, that your Wal-Mart has them.

alikat110 08-22-2011 12:25 PM

I have 3 Wal Marts w/in 20 minz from my house... None have it!

Zhillslady 08-22-2011 12:27 PM

What great news. I bought a rather heavy duty wide one 3 or 4 years ago and no one locally carries a new cover for it. I'll see if wal-mart does now. thanks

KimmieH 08-22-2011 12:32 PM

walmarts going to be wondering whats up with the increased sales !!

Z Any Mouse 08-22-2011 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dina

After seeing the discussion here about the wide ironing board, I checked it out and ended up coming home with it. I love it! I'd been having issues with my other ironing board for so long and this one is perfect. Plus, I like the fact that it will collapse down and I can put it away. I saw other wide boards out there that were more permanent. I need a couple children to move out before I can fantasize about having a permanent ironing board. My husband was completely confused as to why I needed another board, lol. Next time I'm at Walmart, I'll buy him another useless power tool...

Sunnie 08-22-2011 12:45 PM

I ordered one on line using Ship-to-Store for the same price. There is no shipping charge that way and they call you when it arrives.

mzmama 08-22-2011 01:47 PM

I bought a wide ironning board many years ago. I love it but could never find a cover to fit it. So, I made my own cover and am very happy with the way it turned out.

jrhboxers 08-22-2011 02:10 PM

I also wanted one of the wide ironing boards. The problem was that the money that I had to spend on it was in my PayPal account. It takes 4-5 business days to transfer money to your bank account - didn't want to wait. So I thought that I would order it on-line from WalMart (on-line they accept PayPal now). They had the option of the free ship-to-store option. But my experiences with S-T-S were not good. The items were ALWAYS delivered on the last day of the delivery window. But I was going to do it because I didn't want to pay out the wazoo for shipping. But I checked and the economy shipping to my home address was - $3.95 more.

$3.95 versus waiting for the money to transfer from PayPal to my account and having to travel to the store, get to the right place in the store with the correct information and then lugging the thing home.

So I paid the $3.95 and had it shipped to my home. I was kind of bummed because the delivery window was the same as S-T-S. I looked at the other two options of shipping - $12.95 and $18.95, I think. Well it wasn't worth THAT much money to get it sooner.

Longer story somewhat sorter - it arrived at MY door that Friday after ordering it on Wednesday morning. Talk about doing the happy dance. Tat was actually faster shipping than anything that they offered at the higher rates.

So you might try just buying it on-line. And double check on the shipping. Sometimes it is worth the extra money and sometimes it is not.

BTW - I asked the department manager at my store - the wide replacement covers are a new permanent item in the stores. If your store sells the big board, they will sell the replacement tops that fit them. HTH

EDITED TO ADD - And I LOVE the new board.