Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Which part of the process do you enjoy the most? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/part-process-do-you-enjoy-most-t216824.html)

BellaBoo 03-20-2013 05:01 AM

I like the part where I put the finished quilt in the washer for the first time. I love the feeling of accomplishment.

bunniequilter 03-20-2013 05:09 AM

I love every step of the process up to the basting. That I hate with a passion.

quiltstringz 03-20-2013 05:19 AM

I love putting the fabric together and then piecing and seeing all of that lovely fabric bloom into something beautiful or at least interesting! Those are my 2 favorite parts of the process. I like cutting so that isn't really an issue and I do enjoy the quilting but the binding my mom normally does for me. She loves the hand work and who am I to deprive her! To be fair I normally do her cutting and quilting so it works pretty good for her too.

yweinst 03-20-2013 05:37 AM

I love the piecing but honestly I just love doing quilts hehe.

Quiltngolfer 03-20-2013 06:01 AM

I love picking out fabric and patterns and piecing the quilt. After that, my attention drifts on to a new project. I am making myself finish quilts this year. I also like sewing on the bindings by hand. The finish is exciting! I need to work on my quilting skills more so I can enjoy that part of the process too. I see so many beautifully quilted projects on here. Surely it is possible for me to learn that too.

DOTTYMO 03-20-2013 06:08 AM

I love all . The area where I stumble is the sandwiching. Not because I don't like it but because I have to move this and that in order to make a large nough area to make the sandwich without help from my sleeping quilters. As good as gold unti, the sandwich stage , they keep trying to help by jumping on the top.

SherriB 03-20-2013 06:18 AM

I love hand sewing the binding on. It is so relaxing to sit and hand sew while watching TV or talking with my family, etc. I like knowing that I am so close to seeing it all finished and ready to be used and loved.

pumpkinpatchquilter 03-20-2013 06:28 AM

It depends on what day of the week it is!! :) I go through spurts where I piece like crazy and other times I quilt like crazy. I have to say I have a passion for the quilting part...but I enjoy my piecing too. I can tell you the part I LEAST like...binding!!!

GrannieAnnie 03-20-2013 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX (Post 5940607)
I love the piecing part. When the top is done, it languishes in the closet. But when I finally get one quilted, I enjoy sewing the binding on.
What part do you enjoy the most?

Designing------------now if I could just get someone one to do that stitching. Of course, I include chosing the fabrics as part of the design process.

MimiBug123 03-20-2013 07:32 AM

I love the piecing and the binding. For me, not the actual quilting so much. I have several (OK, lots) of finished tops and I have vowed to not start another until some of these are finished--yes, finished, totally.