Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/penny-halgren-ahhhhhhhhh-t148816.html)

gwanma 09-14-2011 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
guess I'm the only one that's not had that many e-mails per day from penny. I've learned right away to tell if she's selling something & just delete that message. others do really have some good tips. i'm just sayin'.

that's how I feel. you get to know which ones are really tutorials and which are sales pitches. She has given some good lessons, I think. Just delete the others. She has some videos on youtube as well, and I think she sincerely likes to teach what she knows. the word is "glean"

tmg 09-14-2011 01:59 AM

You can mark it as SPAM. It will go their instead of your mailbox.

susie-susie-susie 09-14-2011 03:14 AM

I also made the mistake of signing up for her newsletter. Now I can't get off. I try to unsubscribe, but can't. I have been deleting every message since the first day, but they just keep on comming. I haven't bought a thing, and don't intend to.
Sue

Cyn Nigh 02-06-2012 01:33 PM

The same has happened to me

Greetings,
Yes, I have subscribed to Penny's free site and at the beginning I thought the information was useful and interesting. The problem is, after a while, a couple years I guess, the information becomes very repetitive, always the very same photographs of projects and quilts that Penny did 20 years ago. The tips and information start repeating itself and after a while, you've received the same tip, etc. two or three times. The photographs are always the same. Recently she sent a "project" or a log cabin tree that she had done
years ago. The photographs were actually scanned from the original pictures and the quality was lousy. She could have spent an hour or so to re-do and update the project. She writes daily, I mean, in the morning, afternoon and evening, on weekends too. In good faith, I wrote to her to let her know that the large number of e-mails doesn't interest quilters, but the quality of the contents. She never replied.

I would never ever pay money for anything coming from Penny.... on the other hand, free stuff is OK. But like I said, she's repeating information (most of it isn't novelty anyway to me), so I'll call it quits soon.

Take care to all!
Cyn

cassiemae 02-06-2012 01:52 PM

Yes i do i agree she is now into selling, selling. I also am going to unsubscribe.

DixieDoodle 02-06-2012 02:18 PM

Ditto for me on getting the mega email load from her. I will try to unsubscribe and see what happens. It is getting to be very bothersome to not get what you are promised (more or less) when you subscribe.

Wunder-Mar 02-07-2012 09:48 AM

I had the same experience start-to-finish. It has been my ONLY negative experience with an online subscription and it was devilish getting off her emailing list.