Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   pens for labels? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pens-labels-t79298.html)

lisalovesquilting 11-28-2010 02:09 PM

Hi everyone. I haven't been around for a while. Have been enjoying "listening in". My question is: What kind of pens or markers do you use to write on your labels?

ptquilts 11-28-2010 02:19 PM

Pigma Micron, nice fine line and comes in colors.

icon17 11-28-2010 02:39 PM

Don't know about all the diffrent ones but, I bought a Gel pen at my fabric store made for fabric and I really like how it writes :!: 8-)

CoventryUK 11-28-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Pigma Micron, nice fine line and comes in colors.

Thats what I use! Very successfully!!

SuziC 11-28-2010 02:58 PM

I use the fine point from scripto..got it at target 4/4.95
They work great and come in blue black, red and green.

ligia 11-28-2010 03:00 PM

Changed from Micron to Sharpies :thumbup:

lisalovesquilting 11-29-2010 02:31 AM

Thanks for your help. :)

BRenea 11-29-2010 04:43 AM

I use Pigma Microns, other permanent markers I've tried bleed or change color over time.

ladyinpurple135 11-29-2010 07:55 AM

I've used the pigma micron pens - they come in fine line and brush tips and in lots of colors. The gel pens work really nice, too. I experimented a while back with the gel pen - wrote on a scrap and then wshed, scrubbed, etc. to see what would happen - and nothing happened at all! And they come in lots of colors. I truly would not use Sharpie pens though as they are not made for fabrics - and here's my reason: I have a white cotton shirt that I have used for NASCAR autographs. All the guys use Sharpies - and autographs now have yellow halos around the writing. Doesn't look like bleeding, just this halo that doesn't look very nice.

You can also print nice labels from your computer printer - some printer ink is better than others for staying power - and I probably would heat-set just in case (do that for the pigma pens, too). The scrapbook stores havesome nice permanent pens you might want to check out. Manufacturers websites might give more info on the ink and how it works with fabrics.

Hope this helps - I tend to get a bit wordy!!
Sandy in Mooresville, NC (visiting in Kirkland, WA at the moment)

lisalovesquilting 12-01-2010 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by ladyinpurple135
I've used the pigma micron pens - they come in fine line and brush tips and in lots of colors. The gel pens work really nice, too. I experimented a while back with the gel pen - wrote on a scrap and then wshed, scrubbed, etc. to see what would happen - and nothing happened at all! And they come in lots of colors. I truly would not use Sharpie pens though as they are not made for fabrics - and here's my reason: I have a white cotton shirt that I have used for NASCAR autographs. All the guys use Sharpies - and autographs now have yellow halos around the writing. Doesn't look like bleeding, just this halo that doesn't look very nice.

You can also print nice labels from your computer printer - some printer ink is better than others for staying power - and I probably would heat-set just in case (do that for the pigma pens, too). The scrapbook stores havesome nice permanent pens you might want to check out. Manufacturers websites might give more info on the ink and how it works with fabrics.

Hope this helps - I tend to get a bit wordy!!
Sandy in Mooresville, NC (visiting in Kirkland, WA at the moment)

Thanks, Sandy I have some scrapbooking pens I hoped might work. Lisa