Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Personal quilting retreat day!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/personal-quilting-retreat-day-t180632.html)

nhweaver 02-25-2012 09:14 AM

Personal quilting retreat day!!

Today it is windy as it can be, and I am giving myself a quilting retreat day. I just put 15 bean and ham soup in the crock pot and a corn bread in the oven - dinner is done. I started and finished my craftsy february blocks this morning. And next in line is to finish the tops for the last 3 charity quilts. I feel so good today, aches and pains are minimal, my conversation will be on the QB for when I need a break. Cell phone is down stairs on vibrate (realtors get calls all hours of any day, will check it during my next coffee break, lunch was leftover pizza from last nights take out. During lunch I read my current Fons and Porter magazine and the new connecting threads magazine and talked quilts with my DH. (he is supportive and gives great color advice). What a treat! I didn't have to get dressed, I am wearing comfy old sweats and slippers, didn't have to use any gasoline either - wonderful. This is sooooo great!!!

sharon b 02-25-2012 09:24 AM

LOL Sounds like a wonderful day :) I am staying in also ( too cold , snowy and windy out) and making blocks :thumbup:

conniemaried 02-25-2012 09:37 AM

Sounds great - I'm quilting today also. The beans are in the crockpot for supper, and I'm all set to go. Hope we both have a productive, inspiring day. Have fun!

Peckish 02-25-2012 09:39 AM

I love days like that! Especially when it's rainy and windy. I think I'll make beef stew in the Dutch oven.

Dina 02-25-2012 11:48 AM

I am having a semi-quilting day here too. What fun, we are all at a retreat today!!

Dina

tucsonquilter 02-25-2012 12:06 PM

Even though it is a sunny and warm 80 degree day here, I also decided to stay in today and quilt. I am in the process of making another denim quilt mainly to use up alot of the denim I have been saving. It also irked me when I had to get gas yesterday and it was over 10 cents more per gallon than last week when I filled up. So I am trying not to go anywhere unless I really have to. On to quilting!!

Tartan 02-25-2012 12:18 PM

Sounds like quilter's heaven! I put a homemade macaroni and chesse casserole in the oven. I am doing some QB surfing and some Red Work is my craft for today.

DonnaR 02-25-2012 12:24 PM

I am also quilting today. I have tennis elbow right now and can only sew for a little while at a time. But in between I straightened up my sewing room. My DH came in and helped me wrangle some unruly cords that were in my way and now they are all tidy. What a great guy. I love quilting retreats like this don't you?

LadyElisabeth 02-25-2012 01:05 PM

What an excellent idea. It is sloppy wet snow mixed with rain today and gas was $3.99 yesterday; don't know how high it is today. I should stop posting and get to the machine :)

patimint 02-25-2012 01:12 PM

What a great way to spend some "me time" and still be with hubby for company. I think I will have to do that often, cause otherwise seems, I get nothing done. Enjoy your soup and cornbread yum,yum.