Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff ClassicStyle Quilt 2027 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-classicstyle-quilt-2027-a-t97863.html)

quilt1950 02-08-2011 09:52 AM

I have this machine, and about 6 months ago it got a mind of it's own. Would stitch fine for awhile, and then start sewing stitches 1/2 inch long. Or zigzag fine for awhile, and suddenly switch to a straight stitch. Took it too my local repairman, and he found a damaged part, replaced it, and thought he fixed the problem.

Nope, not fixed. Refunded my money.

I called the next Pfaff dealer, a good 65 miles away. That repairman told me to try changing the light bulb. (It was not burned out.) He said he doesn't understand why, but changing the light bulb seems to fix some of the stranger problems with this machine.

Did that, and six months later the machine is running fine. Still scratch my head when I think about this.

Don't have a question for you. Just wanted to share my head scratching experience!

belmer 02-08-2011 09:59 AM

How interesting, I would have to agree with you, Your machine has a mind of it's own..... Kind of spooky!

sewwhat85 02-08-2011 10:30 AM

wow that is crazy

sharon b 02-08-2011 10:37 AM

Ours is not to wonder why :wink: Just enjoy that it worked :thumbup: LOL

mytwopals 02-08-2011 10:48 AM

Could it possibly have something to do with humidity? Or lack thereof?

normasews 04-11-2013 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by quilt1950 (Post 2471932)
I have this machine, and about 6 months ago it got a mind of it's own. Would stitch fine for awhile, and then start sewing stitches 1/2 inch long. Or zigzag fine for awhile, and suddenly switch to a straight stitch. Took it too my local repairman, and he found a damaged part, replaced it, and thought he fixed the problem.

Nope, not fixed. Refunded my money.

I called the next Pfaff dealer, a good 65 miles away. That repairman told me to try changing the light bulb. (It was not burned out.) He said he doesn't understand why, but changing the light bulb seems to fix some of the stranger problems with this machine.

Did that, and six months later the machine is running fine. Still scratch my head when I think about this.

Don't have a question for you. Just wanted to share my head scratching experience!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this bit of information. I just broke my second needle since I was sewing with a single hole foot and the machine went haywire and started sewing a zigzag stitch. I removed the light bulb and it's stitching perfectly. I'll have to purchase a replacement tomorrow morning.

Again, thank you for posting this and for this wonderful board that is full of amazing information.

Milli 04-12-2013 08:40 AM

I have the Pfaff 2048, had the same symptoms , took it in and it was what they called " the mother board" , was fixed under warranty. Then this year the feed dog motor ceased up, they offered me $80 for trade, I had it fixed and took her home!

Boston1954 04-12-2013 09:24 AM

That is just about the oddest thing I have ever heard of. That would be like someone telling you to turn on the oven if your pants are too long. In my mind they just are not connected. Glad your machine is happy again.

Dina 04-12-2013 09:27 AM

Well, this is just fascinating. First, I am amazed that the Pfaff repairman told you to change the light bulb...sort of sounds like a "trade secret"....and then that it worked!! If my Pfaff expression 2.0 ever has a mind of its own, I may change the light bulb. :)

Dina

sewmary 04-12-2013 09:31 AM

Well I have a 2038 collecting dust because I am tired of paying for fixes that work for just a while. Will haul it out and try the light idea. I love this machinecdearly when it is working right.