Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pfaff Creative Vision 5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pfaff-creative-vision-5-a-t198766.html)

Nikki and Co. 08-26-2012 08:49 PM

Pfaff Creative Vision 5

I am contemplating the purchase of a Pfaff Creative Vision 5 that has been upgraded to a 5.5 from a Pfaff dealer. It has all the features that I like, does anyone own this machine and if so are you pleased with it? Any input would be appreciated.....thanks!

Bluelady 08-26-2012 08:55 PM

I have a Pfaff 2134, about five years old.. I too, having been eyeing the Creative Vision. I love the Pfaff I have, but the Creative Vision.. ohhh yeah.... I will be watching to see what comments you get!

jemma 08-26-2012 10:45 PM

pfaff has been having some problems--check out futher on net +this board

Gings 08-27-2012 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nikki and Co. (Post 5470670)
I am contemplating the purchase of a Pfaff Creative Vision 5 that has been upgraded to a 5.5 from a Pfaff dealer. It has all the features that I like, does anyone own this machine and if so are you pleased with it? Any input would be appreciated.....thanks!

Hi Nikki,
Do not touch a CV5 updated to 5.5 look for a genuine 5.5 The CV5 had a lot of problems I should know I had two and ended up with upgrading to the Full 5.5 The full 5.5 has different feed dogs and these cannot be changed in the CV5 so even though they are saying you have the same machine you do not. Since I got my CV5.5 I have not looked back I love this machine. To tell the updated machine from the full 5.5 is the screen has CV5.5 on it at the bottom. The lids can be changed but the screen badge cannot.
Jenny

Nikki and Co. 08-27-2012 03:28 PM

That's not what I was hoping to hear Jenny but it is the input I needed and I thank you for taking the time to share with me. I think now that I will look ahead to the Creative Performance model, I love the IDT feature that they offer and definitely want to stay with Pfaff. Thaks again :)

quilter1943 08-27-2012 05:42 PM

The last time my 2140 was cleaned he updated it. I'm still having issues with it, so I don't think I would either.

Joan Dickson 08-27-2012 06:00 PM

I have the CV 5.0 and really love it. Yes, there have been some problems but my dealer has always stood behind it and had it repaired. I prefer Pfaff machines over any others, but the dealers are really what are the most important.
Good luck,

ScubaK 08-27-2012 08:25 PM

I bought the CV 5.0 and upgraded to the CV 5.5 and I love it! Mine has been a great machine and my first Pfaff. It is my only piecing/sewing machine as I have a Brother Duetta for my embroidery.
PM with any questions.
Kirsten

Nikki and Co. 08-28-2012 05:49 AM

You are so right about having a good dealer, I am driving 3 hrs today to try out this machine because I've been burned by the dealer in my home town where I purchased my Creative 2140. I have a lot of faith in the dealer that I'll be seeing today. Thanks for your input.

LadyElisabeth 08-28-2012 09:29 AM

I have loved the last 4 Pfaffs I had but the new ones are now made in Taiwan or China, not like my first ones from Germany. My latest is the Smarter C1100 Pro. Sometimes the dealer can make a LOT of difference. Make sure you LIKE the dealer and can talk with them and they listen and are still helpful AFTER you purchase your machine.......................no matter what brand.