Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pieced Applique by Penny Haren (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pieced-applique-penny-haren-t76725.html)

Jupiter 11-16-2010 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I recently purchased the book, "Pieced Applique: Intricate Blocks Made Easy" by Penny Haren. I was wondering if anyone would like to work through this book with me.

I am thinking about everyone making their own blocks to keep, but pacing ourselves together, 1 block per week for 25 weeks, 25 blocks in the book. We could compare notes on the hard parts, and enjoy seeing photos of other quilter's blocks.

happy quilting,
Jupiter :thumbup:

bluteddi 11-16-2010 10:20 AM

I might interested in something like this... but #1. I do not own this book. #2 I'm giong to be gone 2 weeks in Dec and # weeks in Jan....
I guess this is not a good time to commit to a project, maybe time to commit me to the nut house!

Jupiter 11-16-2010 10:30 AM

I do not think the blocks go in any particular order... don't have to learn one before making the next one. If you are interested, you could drop in and out whenever the time was right for you.... then make up the missing blocks at your leisure or at the end of the 25 weeks.

I am trying to get my Christmas sewing done right now, so I will probably start Dec 1.

Jupiter

amma 11-16-2010 10:51 AM

You may get more takers if this started the first of January... so many are busy through the end of December...
This would also give them more time to find and purchase the book(s) too JMHO :D:D:D

pab58 11-16-2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by amma
You may get more takers if this started the first of January... so many are busy through the end of December...
This would also give them more time to find and purchase the book(s) too JMHO :D:D:D

Or give them time to put in on Santa's list!!! :lol:

Jupiter 11-17-2010 12:28 AM

Scheduling to begin in January is a better idea. I had not really given much thought to people needing to get the book, plus Thanksgiving and Christmas getting closer.

So this can be our "New Year's Resolution"... A block a week!

Keep in touch if you want to play along with me.

Jupiter

quilterella 11-17-2010 01:31 AM

I would love to play along...by then I will be able to do piecing (if my shoulder is healed). I will be able to piece small things but not quilt lg items for a few more months, so, yes I'm in.

Jupiter 11-17-2010 08:03 PM

Glad to hear that. I will go see what it take to get us set up as a group. I will post info back here soon.

I hope your shoulder heals up quick and strong! :thumbup:

Jupiter

Originally Posted by quilterella
I would love to play along...by then I will be able to do piecing (if my shoulder is healed). I will be able to piece small things but not quilt lg items for a few more months, so, yes I'm in.

Jupiter 11-17-2010 10:11 PM

If you are interested, I put together a group to go through this book together:

Quilting Forum -> Blocks of the Month and Week
Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

I hope you join in the fun. I've posted a schedule to help you decide if the timing is right for you. I hope to see you there!

Jupiter

Kas 11-17-2010 10:56 PM

I can't commit, but I LOVE your avatar quilt!!! Did you make that? Can we see it bigger? Wow!