Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pineapple and pineapple log cabin patterns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pineapple-pineapple-log-cabin-patterns-t37344.html)

Panther Creek Quilting 02-19-2010 04:27 AM

Okay this might sounds like a strange question. Are these both the same pattern? I have looked at several quilts and am trying to find patterns and they look the same to me? Any help would be appreciated.

Sheila

tlrnhi 02-19-2010 04:34 AM

From what I was told...yes, they are the same pattern

Moonpi 02-19-2010 05:10 AM

Yes, and if you do it in just two colors, I've heard it called Windmill Blades, too.

Panther Creek Quilting 02-19-2010 05:28 AM

Well thank you girls. I have been searching high and low for a free pattern for a pineapple log cabin and thought it was different from the pinapple pattern. Will continue my search with new hope.

Thank you-

Sheila

Panther Creek Quilting 02-19-2010 05:55 AM

Oaky next silly question are all pineapples paper pieced? I am looking for a pattern in which the corners and side all get bigger the further you go out. I have found many that the corner triangles are all the same size throughout the block. Also would like to find one that uses strips for less fabric waste. I know I am asking for the world, but you gals always seem to come through.

Thanks-

Sheila

mpspeedy 02-19-2010 05:58 AM

Paperpiecing makes for more accurate piecing but the pineapple log cabin can be made with just strips. Log cabins are so versitle. I am sure there are also Pineapple patterns out there that are appliqued. If you really want the pattern to look like the fruit you could applique it complete with green top.

Panther Creek Quilting 02-19-2010 06:02 AM

I am not looking for the actual pattern that looks like fruit. I am looking for a pattern for the traditional pineapple block.

Sheila

Quilter2B 02-19-2010 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
Oaky next silly question are all pineapples paper pieced? I am looking for a pattern in which the corners and side all get bigger the further you go out. I have found many that the corner triangles are all the same size throughout the block. Also would like to find one that uses strips for less fabric waste. I know I am asking for the world, but you gals always seem to come through.

Thanks-

Sheila

Some one may have already answered this but No, they do not all have to be paper pieced. I think we talked about this a short while back here. I have a ruler, put out by Great American Quilt Factory (Nancy Smith/Lynda Milligan) specifically for the Pineapple Rule. I love this pattern. I have two blocks hanging on my bulletin board - some day I'll have enough to make a quilt. Why couldn't you start your center with narrower stripes and just add a 1/4" or so with each new row? Seems like that would work???

Deb watkins 02-19-2010 07:49 AM

In the Tutorial section, look for Pineapple log cabin block by Moonpi. I have used this on several blocks and am always very pleased with the results.

mic-pa 02-19-2010 08:53 AM

I have two books for the Pineapple Quilt as it is my favorite. One is by Eleanor Burns,.Quilt in a Day called Pineapple Quilt and the other is also called Pineapple Quilts and has a large variety of sizes in it. I bought both books at the show in Pacucah about 10 years ago. Not sure if the second one is still in print. It was published by the American Quilters Society.