Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Places of Inspiration (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/places-inspiration-t4662.html)

Lucky Patsy's 02-22-2008 09:36 AM

Wow Izy! Those are beautiful pics! I can't wait for you to do a landscape either!

Quilting Aggi 02-22-2008 10:09 AM

Izy.. can I move into your place!!!! :D

Izy 02-22-2008 10:12 AM

Aggi, pack your bags and come on over!!

Quilting Aggi 02-22-2008 10:18 AM

wooo hooo!!! I was planning to apply for my passport next week anyway as Trevor and I are looking at heading to Cuba in April.. so I'll ask the pilot on the way back from Cuba to swing on over across Spain.. hand me a parachute and drop me off!!

Rebecca Chambley 02-22-2008 10:20 AM

I like the picture of the blue tone and then the color change at the top of the buildings. I can really see that color scheme in a quilt. It's very soothing to look at. Great shot of the color changes.........

Izy 02-22-2008 10:22 AM

Just head for Lake Vinuela, then you will have a soft landing, not too cold at this time of year!! Got the bed made up already!!

You just brought back memories of the airport at Cuba...not very pleasant ones for us as we ended up sleeping on the floor lol!!!!

Izy 02-22-2008 10:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Chefchouane is an amazing place Rebecca, the whole town is painted like this every way you turn is a photo opportunity, the weather wasn't too good when we visited, but you can imagine it on a clear sunny day, amazing, here is a couple more for you to see!!

Izy 02-22-2008 10:33 AM

The above view was our quilting group grappling to get in the door to the 'local' haberdashery shop, it was about the size of a closet and we couldn't all fit in. I think the shopowner thought he had won the lottery, as we practically cleared him out of embroidery threads. Large cones were only 1.5 euro each!! Not the best quality but still very good value!!

Country Quilter 02-22-2008 10:40 AM

That first one reminds me of a quilt done on Simply Quilts... I just saw it the other day... beautiful pictures! Lots of inspiration there!

Quilting Aggi 02-22-2008 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
The above view was our quilting group grappling to get in the door to the 'local' haberdashery shop, it was about the size of a closet and we couldn't all fit in. I think the shopowner thought he had won the lottery, as we practically cleared him out of embroidery threads. Large cones were only 1.5 euro each!! Not the best quality but still very good value!!

You got me thinking of my trip to Istanbul. I remember going to the Covered Bazaar. A very very very old bazaar. It has over 3000 little shops and most of them are like you mentioned... some of the stores were big enough for one person to walk into and then you have to walk backwards to get out!! LOL Ooooh I wanna to back there now!! I feel in love with that place!

I'm sure the poor store owner was flat out that day when you all went shopping there!!! He was a happy man to see you all I'm sure!