Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Plans for the day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/plans-day-t103212.html)

scowlkat 02-26-2011 08:38 AM

A while back, I wanted the wire shelving put in my closet so I could store fabric. DH said he would put it up but I had to leave the room! (Might need to explain that I won't let him touch plumbing or electrical problems - this is a clue!)

Anyway, after all day hearing words I didn't realize he even knew, he proudly called me in to display my new shelves! Wow, was I thrilled! Proceeded to fill them up and loved having my fabric so organized!

Two months later, went into the sewing room to find all the shelves had pulled away from the wall and everything was in a disastrous state! He had used self-expanding screws into the drywall, not into the studs!

So spent yesterday putting all the fabric into boxes and clearing out closet so my brother can come over to reinstall shelves. I feel so bad for my DH because he tried so hard to help me. He helped box of the fabric and even took me to Lowes to purchase a few things such as stud finder!

Hopefully by the end of the day I will have my shelves back up and then begin the process of sorting and refolding the fabric! (DH did ask if I thought I would live long enough to use all my fabric - didn't dare mention that I had some in boxes that he didn't know about!) It is going to take me weeks to get organized again!

Anyway, by tonight I hope to be a happy but very tired camper! See you guys later!

laughingquilter 02-26-2011 08:54 AM

Gotta love him for trying.....and helping with the follow up. :-)

susie-susie-susie 02-26-2011 10:32 AM

Sounds like my DH. A few years ago he was hanging towel holders in the bathroom. Tapping on the wall he says here is a stud. I have a row of holes 1 to 2 inches apart across the wall next to the towel holders probably 8--10 holes. At least they have stayed on the wall! I think he finally found the stud.
He fixes nothing unless it takes duck tape or binder twine. lol
Sue

cherrio 02-26-2011 10:37 AM

At least your hubbies made the effort! and now I am making the effort by myself. no large screwups yet. but then again . . . don't know how to replace the broken window pane so I just boarded the sucker up till spring! lol thank goodness it wasn't a front facing window.

Mariposa 02-26-2011 10:39 AM

Glad your hubby made the effort! I love it when my hubby helps me with something! :)

Raggiemom 02-26-2011 10:51 AM

Sounds like a thoughtful husband. He sounds handier than mine!

dunster 02-26-2011 11:24 AM

I think we all have stories like this. Gotta love them...

irishrose 02-26-2011 12:38 PM

My husband was a salesman, not a repairman. The neighbor kids thought it was hilarious that I repaired bikes, not the dad.

Your husband tried. That's worth something.

MadQuilter 02-26-2011 12:40 PM

Oh, he didn't use polytoggles - those work in sheetrock. Glad you are back in business.