Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   portable sewing tables (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/portable-sewing-tables-t144426.html)

cgaraas 08-11-2011 12:47 PM

Has anyone bought one of the portable sewing tables that are being advertise - such as gidget 1 or gidget 2 and I think there is another one - something like sew-ez table - not sure if that is correct or not. Does anyone have another idea for a portable table?

Peckish 08-11-2011 12:49 PM

I have a friend who got the sew-ez table and she LOVES it. I like to use a sturdy tv tray or folding table when I go on retreat; I set it up perpendicular to the table my machine is on.

sparkys_mom 08-11-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
I have a friend who got the sew-ez table and she LOVES it. I like to use a sturdy tv tray or folding table when I go on retreat; I set it up perpendicular to the table my machine is on.

How does the price compare to the Gidget?

tjradj 08-11-2011 01:14 PM

I have two of the "plastic" folding tables that are avail at Home Depot, Costco, etc. They're about 3'x6' I use two together to baste my quilts on, and then one beside my dining room table when I'm quilting on the tabletop. It's very versatile.

laughingquilter 08-11-2011 01:43 PM

I have the gidget 1 - I don't know how "portable" I'd consider it - there are no wheels, etc. so it'd be pretty heavy to haul around. It's sturdy though and works great as a second machine table in my sewing room.

Quilt Mom 08-11-2011 01:53 PM

I use a plastic craft table - it's about 18"x30" - that folds up. It is available at a lot of stores for an inexpensive amount. To keep my machine from 'walking' off the table I put a piece of shelf liner under it. This is lighter and more portable than what I had previously. And it perfect for my machine.

Peckish 08-11-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom

How does the price compare to the Gidget?

Not sure, I have no idea how much the Gidget is. I think my friend paid around $30-$40 for the sew-ez.

cgaraas 08-11-2011 02:20 PM

Gidget 1 is around 130 and gidget 2 is around 175. I have seen the price of the sew ez and I think it was somewhere between 130 and 175.

sparkys_mom 08-11-2011 02:23 PM

Not sure, I have no idea how much the Gidget is. I think my friend paid around $30-$40 for the sew-ez.

Okay, I had to look. :) The shipping cost on the Sew-EZ is about $25-$30. The table is $249. The Gidget is $170 with free shipping. I think both tables look pretty nice and I'm definitely in the market.

Raggiemom 08-11-2011 02:28 PM

I have the Gidget 2, not sure how portable it really is as I just leave it up with my machine on it. It's not the sturdiest table in the world but it wasn't super expensive either.