Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Post your quilt stories good or bad, as we learn together (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/post-your-quilt-stories-good-bad-we-learn-together-t42079.html)

craftybear 04-08-2010 03:32 AM

Please post your quilt stories good or bad.

We all learn together!

susie0808 04-08-2010 03:49 AM

A woman in an office where I worked asked me if I could make 2 quilts for her dd's . What she wanted was memory quilts with their childhood clothing. While I was working on this project Her house had a massive hire. She lost everything! When the quilts were complete it was a emotional reunion for her.

craftybear 04-08-2010 03:51 AM

that was great you got to make a memory quilt for her, sorry to here about her massive fire

Originally Posted by susie0808
A woman in an office where I worked asked me if I could make 2 quilts for her dd's . What she wanted was memory quilts with their childhood clothing. While I was working on this project Her house had a massive hire. She lost everything! When the quilts were complete it was a emotional reunion for her.

raptureready 04-08-2010 04:22 AM

Mom gave hand pieced, hand quilted quilts as graduation gifts and wedding gifts. I had a king size that she made when I got married the first time. After my divorce I asked if she would make me another quilt. She said, "Go back and finish college or get remarried." If I'd have gone with the first option I could have gotten a quilt by investing only 3 years of my life. . . . . . . . LOL

Pam 04-08-2010 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Mom gave hand pieced, hand quilted quilts as graduation gifts and wedding gifts. I had a king size that she made when I got married the first time. After my divorce I asked if she would make me another quilt. She said, "Go back and finish college or get remarried." If I'd have gone with the first option I could have gotten a quilt by investing only 3 years of my life. . . . . . . . LOL

There is a little food for thought!

quilter1 04-08-2010 07:55 AM

I made quilts for all my husbands nephews children, 3 of them. Never even got a thanks. On the other hand, another niece cried when she opened hers. From now on I will choose carefully who gets my quilts.

sewcrafty 04-08-2010 09:26 AM

I guess I've been lucky, everyone that I've a quilt for has really appreciated it.

mary quite contrary 04-08-2010 09:30 AM

I taught my BFF to quilt. The best gift is to see how much she enjoys it too.

brookemarie19 04-08-2010 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready

I love it... Thats just too funny :lol: