Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Posting Pictures??????????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/posting-pictures-t103908.html)

Crabby Patty 02-28-2011 03:50 PM

I have read and re-read the instructions for posting a picture and I am just as confused if not more so than when I started. I have my picts in (my pictures file)and I don't have a clue on how to get them in the file attachments box. I am computer illiterate so if you can walk me through it step by step I would be so appreciative. You can send it in a pm if you want to but I need big help. You know what they say about old dogs. They're harder to train but once they learn it they don't forget it. Lol. Hope that's true. Thanks so much.Patti

Maggiemay 02-28-2011 03:57 PM

Click on "quilting forum" at the top left of the page.
Click on "Pictures" section of the list
Click on "Create New topic"- this should open up a window that you can write your title, & a box that you can write about your picture.
Click on "browse" below the writing box. This should take you to your picture files in your computer.
Click on the file you want to open.
Click on the picture you want to post
Click on "open" at the bottom of the file.
Click on "send" below the browse section.
DO NOT click on preview!
That should do it!

bigsister63 02-28-2011 04:12 PM

Be patient! It takes several minutes for my posting with pictures to get loaded. Your posting will show on you screen with pictures if sucessful. Wait until the posting showes before you do anything else. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

nativetexan 02-28-2011 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i just put my cheshire cat pic in here. follow those instructions and it should work.

davidwent 02-28-2011 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
Click on "quilting forum" at the top left of the page.
Click on "Pictures" section of the list
Click on "Create New topic"- this should open up a window that you can write your title, & a box that you can write about your picture.
Click on "browse" below the writing box. This should take you to your picture files in your computer.
Click on the file you want to open.
Click on the picture you want to post
Click on "open" at the bottom of the file.
Click on "send" below the browse section.
DO NOT click on preview!
That should do it!

VERY nicely said Maggie!! Clear and concise!
David

max's grandma 02-28-2011 07:47 PM

thank you, having been wanting to send pictures but didn't know how. will try to send some one of these first days

BETTY62 02-28-2011 07:56 PM

Thanks for the simplified instructions.

jemma 02-28-2011 08:59 PM

thank you maggiemay
i will be brave and have another go

jemma 02-28-2011 09:30 PM

maggiemay you are a great teacher ---i did it [you may have created a monster]

Crabby Patty 03-02-2011 03:54 PM

Thank you Maggie May. Hopefully I will be able to do it now. I confess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers.LOL.Patti