Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   PPing.love it, but !!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pping-love-but-t114614.html)

mjsylvstr 04-08-2011 04:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have just finished three PPing wall hangings.. finally !!

the first one is a small hanging of a dozen Christmas ornaments....
I had just put the sashings and first border on and was just about to add the final border when I took a really good look at it.......
OMG, 1/2 was facing north and the 1/2 was facing south !!!!
(all depends, could be east & west).......

so I decided that the best thing to do was continue by making it a table topper so it can be seen right from either end of the table.

Don't you just hate yourself when you do something so stupid ?

#2 is a bit larger and I got this one completed without it being upside down or backwrds

..... this one took a long time just to find all the fabrics needed, like the grasses, the rocks and the different skies and waters..... it really was a fun project.

#3.....I saw this one in a McCall's magazine when someone sent in their finished hanging for a "show & tell" in the mag. I fell in love with it and then started on an intense search for the pattern...no one seemed to have it...

finally, found a lady in Pa and she sent it to me. This was made entirely from stash..and was a ball to do.

Hope you like them as much as I enjoyed making them.

MaryJane

6 up & 6 down !!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181468[/ATTACH]

sailing along the shores......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181469[/ATTACH]

"the Jeweled Forest"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181470[/ATTACH]

KarenR 04-08-2011 04:15 PM

Love them

TonnieLoree 04-08-2011 04:16 PM

Those are lovely! I really like the lighthouses. Can you send a link for all three of them? Pretty Please! I had to go back and look at the ornament one again. If you would not have mentioned it, I would not have noticed.

frauhahn 04-08-2011 04:17 PM

Particularly love the lighthouses!

hopetoquilt 04-08-2011 04:17 PM

I especially love the lighthouses. Where did you get the patterns?

erstan947 04-08-2011 04:19 PM

I love to paper piece and these are so much fun! I want them all!:)

mommamac 04-08-2011 04:21 PM

all are lovely - you found the perfect solution for the ornaments.
love the lighhouses & the forests is a close 2nd.

TonnieLoree 04-08-2011 04:21 PM

That's it. I think we should kidnap her and hold her until she sends a link. :-)

darlin121 04-08-2011 04:24 PM

I love Paper Piecing, except for the mess it makes on the floor of my sewing room. I especially like the jeweled forest.

mjsylvstr 04-08-2011 04:36 PM

the Christmas Ornaments was a kit by Grannie Suzannie designs, at www.Granniesuzannie.com

The lighthouses was a pattern called the Sampler Lighthouses, also from Granniesuzannie.

The last one as I mentioned is called the "Jeweled Forest" and I went looking but couldn't find it. I do know that it was in a December issue of McCall's Magazine and I believe that it was 2009.

Hope that helps and thanks also for all the compliments...
errors and all !!!!!

mj