Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/primitive-quilts-projects-magazine-t145757.html)

SuzyQ 08-17-2011 06:12 AM

Does anyone subscribe to this? What do you think? It's pretty expensive, so is it worth it? I'd like to find a source of inspiration for wool applique wall hangings, penny rugs, etc. I'm really not looking for quilt patterns and I don't want to spend that kind of $$ if it's predominately quilt patterns.

Thanks,
Susan

Grama Lehr 08-17-2011 06:17 AM

I think they had a booth at the Long Beach show, if they are the ones, they have wonderful projects. I would buy one magazine and see how you like it before ordering a whole subscription.

Blue Bell 08-17-2011 06:24 AM

I subscribed. I now have 2 issues. I enjoy the magazine very much. I am a Folk Artie person so this magazine is right up my alley. I only wish that I had time time to make all the projects.

GirlieWhirlie 08-17-2011 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love this magazine. I have a subscription. These projects are exactly what I love. I'm not renewing any other quilt magazines I currently receive.

This is one of the projects I made
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243035[/ATTACH]

AFQSinc 08-17-2011 08:41 AM

I posted basically the same question last week. I went ahead and purchased the two issues. $20 plus shipping! I could have bought a book or the last bit of fabric that I need to begin my next project. However, I LOVE it! I want to do a few prim pieces here and there. I would say you may find good inspiration. In the fall issue there are 5 wall hangings (the largest is 45x45), a stuffed animal, a pillow and table mat pair, another table mat, a cross stitch project, one hooked rug, and 3 larger quilts. One of the larger quilts would actually make a cute smaller wallhanging.

I think it is a nice mix and I look forward to seeing what the future issues hold. That being said, I am hoping that they are able to attract some less well known artists as the two issues have pretty much all the same designers but the variety is nice.

Also, I wanted the magazine as a source from Primitive supplies and shops. I am not able to get it on the ground - I have to buy it online. So it might make more sense for me to subscribe to it (though it is expensive)but if you can get it at a LQS or some other place then I would probably buy it issue by issue when something strikes your fancy. I think these will have some value in the future so I will be keeping mine in the best possible condition. I can see myself selling them on once I've made the projects that I like.

SuzyQ 08-17-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I posted basically the same question last week.

AFQSinc ... :roll: Not sure how I missed your post :oops: Thanks for describing what the magazine is like. I've not seen it at any LQS and I hate to buy magazines etc. sight unseen but I might give this a try.

Susan

AFQSinc 08-17-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I posted basically the same question last week.

AFQSinc ... :roll: Not sure how I missed your post :oops: Thanks for describing what the magazine is like. I've not seen it at any LQS and I hate to buy magazines etc. sight unseen but I might give this a try.

Susan

LOL, Susan - I missed a post before mine too! I hope that if you try it out you enjoy it.