Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Problem--can't resist patterns and tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/problem-cant-resist-patterns-tutorials-t185217.html)

Kimcatlou 04-06-2012 07:05 AM

Problem--can't resist patterns and tutorials

PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE! Stop posting so many wonderful patterns etc. (Just kidding, of course)

I have just spent 3 days weeding out things I have printed from the Quilting Board. I have managed to toss those that I have to admit I will never get done in this lifetime. Then I organized and labeled everything else in a notebook.

Now, please, have mercy on an 80-year old woman who wants to make so many of the beautiful quilts she sees! Of course I can't resist printing many of them--then I will have to weed out again.

sharon b 04-06-2012 07:29 AM

Welcome to my world :) I have so many things I want to do I will have to live 3 lifetimes to even get half way through .... oh the life of a quilter .....

nativetexan 04-06-2012 10:42 AM

I"m with you. I've been cleaning out books and fabrics and blocks from swaps years ago. but I still find myself printing out pictures of quilts and all those sort of things. Now where to put them?

QM 04-06-2012 10:47 AM

Me too. I think it makes more sense to copy into a photo file to to "print to file". Less wasteful. there certainly are lots of good patterns on this site.

QuiltnNan 04-06-2012 02:57 PM

i thought it might be easier to lay the fabrics for the next few projects on a shelf... but, NO. there they sit while i do another project that i found here. too many quilts, too little time!

Ruby the Quilter 04-06-2012 03:06 PM

This must be contagious. I bookmark and print. Have more than I will ever do! But what fun to dream.

Judith1005 04-06-2012 03:06 PM

LOL,I hear you. I keep one notebook of ideas. And it is stuffed FULL. But I go through it a couple times of year the way you do and weed out and make room for new patterns. Some stay and some go....Oh well, I'm just going to have to quilt faster. lol

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou (Post 5120961)
PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE! Stop posting so many wonderful patterns etc. (Just kidding, of course)

I have just spent 3 days weeding out things I have printed from the Quilting Board. I have managed to toss those that I have to admit I will never get done in this lifetime. Then I organized and labeled everything else in a notebook.

Now, please, have mercy on an 80-year old woman who wants to make so many of the beautiful quilts she sees! Of course I can't resist printing many of them--then I will have to weed out again.

ka9sdn 04-06-2012 03:27 PM

We all sound alike. I have printed out tons of patterns and even saved MANY to my computer. I have to clean out some of them as I agree will need several lifetimes to make them and use all the patterns and stash I have.

Quiltngolfer 04-06-2012 03:30 PM

I am guilty of the same thing. I now have 5 notebooks full of patterns to do! But keep them coming. I love it!!!