Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Problem with PED Basic (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/problem-ped-basic-t27578.html)

Up North 10-24-2009 07:32 AM

I have a ped Basic for downloading embroidery designs for my machine today it gives me a message that says "this is not a recognized card replace it with an original card" Anyone else had this happen? Is it fixable? I have searched online for troubleshooting and came up blank on this one.

LindaR 10-24-2009 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
I have a ped Basic for downloading embroidery designs for my machine today it gives me a message that says "this is not a recognized card replace it with an original card" Anyone else had this happen? Is it fixable? I have searched online for troubleshooting and came up blank on this one.

The only time I get error messages is when I have a design larger than 5x7 loaded on the card...could this be it???? both of my machine just won't except the card if there is a big design on it....

Ducky 10-24-2009 07:59 AM

My card for the PED Basic is a Brother. Is that what you have? And like Linda said, double check the size of your design. My machine will only do 4x4 frame size.

Up North 10-24-2009 08:04 AM

Mine is a Brother and it won't let me see the designs on the card, do you think if I just choose new ones it will work? I am afraid to for fear I will loose everything I have on there but then again if it works????? And no they were small mini designs.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-24-2009 08:08 AM

When you put the card into your machine, do they show up there?
If you have the designs saved on your computer (where they were before you put them on the card), you could try clearing the card to see if this helps. Maybe it is full??

Up North 10-24-2009 08:22 AM

The card was not full but I rewrote it and it WORKED!!! Thanks for letting me let off steam here! I was scared! I still don't know if it will let me see what is on the card but this time I wrote it all down so I know!!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 10-24-2009 09:32 AM

The last time I tried to use mine was the first time I'd tried to use it in a while, and I had some problems with it. I can't remember what the problem was, but I had to re-write it. I had a bunch of designs on it that I didn't want to erase, but I knew they were on the computer and would be there when I needed them later on.
Glad you got it to work!

LindaR 10-25-2009 05:14 AM

glad it worked....

dolores 10-26-2009 08:48 AM

Hi, I also have the PED basic. The only time I had this message was I had another blank card. Not the one that came with the PED-basic and when I tried to use it, it gave me this message. Did you use the card that came with the PED-basic?It will only read the orginal card. I hope this helps. Dolores

Up North 10-26-2009 08:54 AM

It was the original card but I got it working. I emailed the place I bought it and they were so quick and nice but I had it figured out by them. It wouldn't read what was on the card but now it works fine. I just cleared it and rewrote it again.