Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Projects bought and waiting.......... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/projects-bought-waiting-t168934.html)

Judith1005 11-19-2011 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere (Post 4697093)
I have LOT AND LOTS AND LOTS MORE projects and collections going that I can list but that would take too much time. I'm thinking No More Buying in 2012 and Lots More Completing in 2012.

Do they have an organization for people like us? UFO Anonymous? Quilters Anonymous?
How about "UFO CAT 2012" - UFOs Controlled And Tackled 2012" :)
Or "UFO TAC 2012 - UFOs Tackled and Completed 2012"
If you like it, I can start a thread, we can make a detailed list, and get these UFOs DONE!
Maybe we can have prizes each month :) (maybe send the 'winner' one of our UFOs that we don't want to finish :) LOL)

I'm on board with that. I have too many things to finish. No more starts with the only exception being swaps. And, I'm not involved with too many of those. I used to be such a good little quilter. Start to Finish. I have 5 quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted and numerous small projects. And some are several years old. Time to finish. I will be looking to see if you've started a thread. Being held accountable not such a bad thing.

Mary O 11-19-2011 05:49 AM

Are you kidding? Too many to finish in my lifetime.

NDQuilts 11-19-2011 06:41 AM

Let's see:

Waiting to quilt - white on white swans, 2003 scrappy BOM, NY beauty
Quilts in process - quilted diamonds, dear Jane, GFG, pickled clamshell, 2009 BOM, affairs of the heart, undercover in Houston
Purchased fabric - Amish bride, feathered star, Hawaiian appliqué, 2001 BOM, Willowberry calendar quilt, mariners compass, lone star, r Pandolph Christmas, willowberry christmas, jinny Beyer journey quilt kit

Officially embarrassed by this confession.

I should be able to move three projects from "in process" to the quilting pile by the end of the year

luci4 11-19-2011 06:46 AM

I have too many to count. Need to get busy and finish some of them instead of adding more.

Mariposa 11-19-2011 06:53 AM

No way I am gonna count! ;)

Jackie Spencer 11-19-2011 07:43 AM

Before I retired I started buying kits and patterns and fabric to make those patterns because after I retired I wouldnt have the extra money to buy them, I never took into account everything I already had. Well I have been retired 3 years now and if I never bought another thing I will never live to make all these quilts. But the good news is I have daughters and granddaughters who love to quilt, so its all good!

AFQSinc 11-19-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 4697328)
I'm on board with that. I have too many things to finish. No more starts with the only exception being swaps. And, I'm not involved with too many of those. I used to be such a good little quilter. Start to Finish. I have 5 quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted and numerous small projects. And some are several years old. Time to finish. I will be looking to see if you've started a thread. Being held accountable not such a bad thing.

I'm a bit scared to go along with this even though I know that I need to. Although, there is still a bit of time before 2012 starts to pack the larder! :) I will say that if a challenge is started I will give it some very serious thought to joining. It would be nice to have some group support in this difficult endeavor.

YukonViv 11-19-2011 09:21 PM

If any....ha ha!! You are so funny.

I honestly have too much. I only started quilting...well almost 3 years ago now. I bough fabric while I was in Anchorage this summer and it's still sitting in the tub I put it in when I returned home and haven't made a thing with it (including Grinch christmas fabric!!!!).

I have a weakness....BOMs. I joined two last year...didn't finish, got about 7 out of 9 blocks on one done and 2 blocks out of 9 on the other. So what did I do this year? Signed up for 3. One I didn't even complete one block with because who has the time???

So, not counting projects on my own, classes with my LQS...I have 5 BOM projects to finish.
LQS classes? well I have one class left this session, a tote bag in December so that doesn't count yet. But I have 2 projects to finish from this fall...Firefly (a new york beauty style wall hanging) and a pineapple quilt. Last session? Oh I actually did good, I finished (not counting the quilting, we're not counting quilting are we???) 2 out of 3 projects. I still have my one block wonder to finish piecing..however, I only have 5 rows left on that one!!!

Previous sessions? Hmm...Rolling Waves and a Autumn Wall hanging (it's applique...takes me forever).

So what am I up to???? 10???? And that's not counting my at home projects...let's not discuss those yet.

I really need to finish something. I don't want to even contemplate my cross stitch WIPS and UFOs...I may need some chocolate to help with this strange bit of woozy-ness that has overcome me.

audsgirl 11-19-2011 11:07 PM

I'm telling myself that I am stocking up for when my husband retires at the end of the year and I won't be able to buy things then. I don't think he bought it!

Gladys 11-19-2011 11:09 PM

I have several just initially started but none finished. I know I need to finish just one but I'm ADD and get bored and go to something else.