Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Q: LongArm Rental in Connecticut (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/q-longarm-rental-connecticut-t183752.html)

dove 03-23-2012 03:45 AM

Q: LongArm Rental in Connecticut

I am really itching to learn how to long arm quilt, but don't have the space or $ to buy a machine. I found a QS in Massachussetts that allows you to rent their machines (hour and a 1/2 drive), but I was wondering if anyone knows of a LQS in Connecticut that offers this service. They would also have to be willing to teach me how to use the machine (at a cost, of course). Thanks for any help.

#1piecemaker 03-23-2012 03:49 AM

I have the same problem only I live in Arkansas. But, I'm planning on getting one in the near future. That way I can do all the quilting I want to. Good luck finding what you need.

nycquilter 03-23-2012 04:55 AM

There is a quilt store, I think called the Quilting Basket? in Wappingers FAlls, NY which is right over the CT border on the NY side. Don't know if this might be closer to you? they have the HQ16, I think--or they did. Maybe they've upgraded to the Avante?

Christine- 03-23-2012 06:06 AM

Wow, how did you find the QS in Massachusetts? I'm in NC and have been looking for QSs that rent their machines by the hour.

dove 03-23-2012 03:15 PM

I googled long arm quilt rental in connecticut and rhode island :-)..the place is called mad about quilts..you should see how awesome their site is and then do a google search for your area..let me know if you find anything :-)

dove 03-23-2012 03:19 PM

It is 2 hours and 40 minutes away, but thanks...it was worth a shot! :-)

IrishNY 03-23-2012 04:05 PM

Christine, where in NC are you? There is a shop here in Winston-Salem that lets you rent time on a long-arm machine.

MissApril 03-25-2012 08:57 AM

Hi Dove, There is a shop in Simsbury called Sew Inspired that does lessons and rents time on a long arm. I just spent all day yesterday at what they call long arm boot camp. Learned a lot. Hope this helps.

hobo2000 03-25-2012 10:08 AM

We have one here but at $25.00 per hr. I can send my quilts out to be done including shipping to and fro. I found it took me 3.5 hours for a 60 x 80" lap quilt, nothing too fancy. That was $90. and I had to stand on my feet for 3.5 hours doing it. I can see $12. or $15. per hour but not $25. ever again.

Debscozz 07-04-2014 09:38 AM

longarm rental

Originally Posted by dove (Post 5083832)
I am really itching to learn how to long arm quilt, but don't have the space or $ to buy a machine. I found a QS in Massachussetts that allows you to rent their machines (hour and a 1/2 drive), but I was wondering if anyone knows of a LQS in Connecticut that offers this service. They would also have to be willing to teach me how to use the machine (at a cost, of course). Thanks for any help.

I rent my machine, I am in Simsbury if you are interested you can call me at 860-874-9634