Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question about D9P (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-d9p-t72469.html)

ccb2200 10-26-2010 01:24 PM

I am making a quilt for my GD. I am using a Princess Panel in the center and I am going to put a border around this panel and then put blocks of D9P. This is the first time I have tried making these blocks. I really like making them. I don't have a picture yet.

My question is do you put a sashing in between the blocks or are they suppose to be put together without a sashing. Or can I do it either way. I don't know how this quilt is going to turn out I hope it will be okay. I will be making it a full size as she is 3 years old and they just bought her a new full size mattress.

I have already made her another Princess quilt with Machine Embroidery which is for a small bed (not a crib but bigger). I didn't want to make the same blocks for the full size quilt.

Hope this question makes sense.

Thanks for any help.

cbridges22 10-26-2010 01:27 PM

Do what ever you like.The joy of creating!

wolfkitty 10-26-2010 01:46 PM

Absolutely! Whichever way it looks best in your head! It's your creation!

bj 10-26-2010 03:22 PM

I've seen them both ways and liked them.

carolaug 10-26-2010 03:31 PM

I have done both...I have picture on my blog. I like both of them...if not matching the seams than I like no sash, if matchig the seams I like the sash.

Originally Posted by ccb2200
I am making a quilt for my GD. I am using a Princess Panel in the center and I am going to put a border around this panel and then put blocks of D9P. This is the first time I have tried making these blocks. I really like making them. I don't have a picture yet.

My question is do you put a sashing in between the blocks or are they suppose to be put together without a sashing. Or can I do it either way. I don't know how this quilt is going to turn out I hope it will be okay. I will be making it a full size as she is 3 years old and they just bought her a new full size mattress.

I have already made her another Princess quilt with Machine Embroidery which is for a small bed (not a crib but bigger). I didn't want to make the same blocks for the full size quilt.

Hope this question makes sense.

Thanks for any help.

Jingle 10-26-2010 03:50 PM

I'm working on a D9P now, not planning on using sashings, but, I could change my mind.
Good luck with yours.

littlehud 10-26-2010 06:26 PM

I like the look without sashing but it's great either way. It's up to you.

mom-6 10-26-2010 06:44 PM

It just depends on the look you are wanting to create. If I have other blocks besides D9P in the quilt I will most likely add sashing. If only D9P, maybe so, maybe not...

Spudgm 10-26-2010 06:51 PM

I like them both ways. I'm anxious to see your quilt, it sounds very interesting.

ccb2200 10-27-2010 09:00 AM

Thanks everyone. I will try both ways and see what it looks like. It will be awhile before I finish the quilt as I just started on it. I will post a picture when I finish it.