Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question about new cutting table at Joann's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-about-new-cutting-table-joanns-t198063.html)

Roberta 08-19-2012 09:04 AM

Question about new cutting table at Joann's

We were in the local Joann's yesterday and they had what looked like a really nice and sturdy cutting table made by, I believe the Sullivan company. It seems much sturdier then their usual cutting table that swings out and I'm wondering if anyone has one and what you think of it for the price of $279.00.

I inquired if it would be on sale anytime soon and she took the sku and ran it through her machine and said it would not be on sale but they would honor a 50% off coupon on it. I guess I'll wait to see if anyone has it on the Board and then wait longer for a 50% off sale.

romanojg 08-19-2012 09:09 AM

I got one last yr; not sure it's the same one or not. The price is about the same, I did get it on sale. It has a fold out on one side to make it a really large table; a drawer, small cabinet space under that and a fold out table on the opposite side to put another machine, etc on. I love mine and it's holding up good even with being moved a few times. I put it together myself and the only thing you have to watch for is the normal tightening of the screws; don't do them all the way at first; get them all started in one area, like for hinges and then once they are all in the holes tighten them up. I love it. If you can send a link I'll let you know if it's the same. Mine also has the measuring grid on the top even though I never use it.

Dina 08-19-2012 10:26 AM

I don't know anything about the cutting table, and we don't have a Joann's (darn!!), but I have a desk made by Sullivan and it is really strong and sturdy. We put it together about 15 years ago and have moved it twice. It is still a nice strong desk.

Don't know if this helps?

Dina

Yarn or Fabric 08-19-2012 12:38 PM

I have an Ikea Vika Artur trestle table for a cutting table. it cost about $100 and the table is height adjustable. I put a 18" deep wire shelf on top of the trestle so I've got extra storage under the table for my rulers. I love, love love my table - but it's not good if you need to fold up your table when not in use ;)

peacebypiece 08-19-2012 05:17 PM

to Roberta
Look for the Fall/Winter 2012 issue of Fashion Fusion at Joann's. On the back there are coupons: 2 for 50% off and 4 for 40% off good until January 12, 2013. Fashion Fusion costs $3.99 per issue. If I wanted the table I wouldn't mind spending $3.99 to save $139.00.

Roberta 08-20-2012 04:34 AM

I don't have a link to the table but it is just as you described. I'll pass on the advice about tightening all the screws to my DH. I was reading reviews on it and most complained not about the table but about the time to put it together, on average 4-5 hours.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I love this Board and the folks on it.