Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question re Quilt-Pro Systems' Mariner's Compass Edition. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-re-quilt-pro-systems-mariners-compass-edition-t150451.html)

Jazzz 09-04-2011 07:10 PM

Was finishing up packing all my quilt stuff for, hopefully, a final move for a while. I ran across this CD-Rom, still in original package unopened. The Mariner's Compass pattern is my favorite. From the sticker, looks like I purchased this end of 2000/beginning of 2001 cuz I just had to have it - even though at the time, my quilting had been put on the way-back burner as I think I had 3 kids ages 5 and under.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has this program and is still using it. I'm a little worried that maybe the program is a little out-dated and may not work with newer computer systems? I'm not ready to open it up yet, hopefully soon.

Any input greatly appreciated. :D

MTS 09-04-2011 08:13 PM

I have it, and I love it.

Except for the printing. You'll be wasting a bit of paper but if you get the hang of it, you can work around it. That's really the only negative I can think of.

However, it's great for producing foundations for countless variations of MC's in whatever size you want, including ovals.

Very cool! I'm still using mine. I know there were more versions produced. But this one has so many in it you won't run out of MC's anytime soon.

It's a standalone program so you don't need anything else to run it.

Jazzz 09-05-2011 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
I have it, and I love it.

Except for the printing. You'll be wasting a bit of paper but if you get the hang of it, you can work around it. That's really the only negative I can think of.

However, it's great for producing foundations for countless variations of MC's in whatever size you want, including ovals.

Very cool! I'm still using mine. I know there were more versions produced. But this one has so many in it you won't run out of MC's anytime soon.

It's a standalone program so you don't need anything else to run it.

Thank MTS...makes we feel good to know I haven't wasted all that money...yet. I'll leave this CD case out where I can see it all the time to remind me to "Get Going!!"

kayahr 09-06-2011 05:29 AM

You can always contact Quilt-Pro's tech support if it doesn't want to load with your operating system. It might not auto-run -- if that happens, explore the CD to find the exe file.

Jazzz 09-06-2011 09:34 PM

Thank Kayahr

NJ Quilter 09-07-2011 04:13 AM

Most software applications are 'backwards compatible' meaning that even if your operating system has been updated the software will still work. I'm using EQ5 (I think) on my new Windows 7 computer with no problems. The desktop icon is a little funky looking but the software works with no issues. And I don't use the EQ enough to pay for any of the upgrades so 5 works just fine for my purposes.