Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question Regarding Braid Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-regarding-braid-quilt-t28229.html)

littlehud 11-06-2009 05:27 PM

I think it could be done either way. I like the first one better.

adrianlee 11-07-2009 12:44 PM

I did one couple years ago. It went together like this
===================== sashing
>>>>>>>>>[ ]<<<<<<<<<<< braid, block, braid
I had a really nice focus fabric for the middle block. I wish I had taken a photo that I could share. This was given as a gift to good friends. These are fun to make.

borntoquilt 11-08-2009 11:26 AM

Sharon- good idea to lay them out on the bed and forget them for awhile. WhoM knows-they just might re-arrange themselves the way THEY want to be. lol ! The colors are beautiful and no matter what you decide, it is gonna be beautiful and it will be received with LOVE!!!

SharonC 11-08-2009 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by borntoquilt
Sharon- good idea to lay them out on the bed and forget them for awhile. WhoM knows-they just might re-arrange themselves the way THEY want to be. lol ! The colors are beautiful and no matter what you decide, it is gonna be beautiful and it will be received with LOVE!!!

Thanks :) I'm working on my Downy Quilt for Kids Quilt, finishing a quillow, my mum's quilt and a granddaughters quilt...plus 5 Christmas stockings :) :) ...so a break is a good idea. Often works for me :)
I like the colors, I didn't think I would, but they seem to work in the braid design. Live and learn :lol:

borntoquilt 11-08-2009 05:34 PM

Sharon-You sure are busy!! I just ordered 10 Downey kits today! I've got my quilt group all fired up to make them. Hopefully we can make MORE from our own stashes, too! They are soo simple. I have finished 10 (so far) "20 minute pillow cases" (in flannel-to be used as wrapping for Christmas gifts!), working on a Christmas wall hanging (that is desperately wanting to be a (my) bed quilt (LOL)), trying to get a quilt finished for my friends birthday this month.... and the list goes on and on and on.... WAHOO! I LOVE IT! Have put YOUR quilt "on the LIST"!!!

Nzm 11-09-2009 01:13 PM

I just made a French braid one and used strips of contrasting fabric between the braids.. makes them really stand out.. will take a pic and post in the near future. Try that and see if you like it..

amma 11-09-2009 01:33 PM

I think it is however you like it :D :D :D I look forward to seeing what you decide on.

ljptexas 03-14-2010 09:54 AM

How did you quilt when it was finished? Stitch in the ditch or what?

LOL - Jodie

ljptexas 03-14-2010 09:58 AM

How did you quilt when it was finished? Stitch in the ditch or what?

LOL - Jodie

SharonC 03-16-2010 11:45 AM

I gave this at Christmas and the only pictures I had of it were blurry. I asked my son to take pictures (front and back) since I pieced the back :).
Hopefully, I'll get them soon. I ended up SID, and was soooo pleased with it. Alina loved it too, so that was wonderful.
Sharon