Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Cut 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-cut-2-a-t139114.html)

snipper74 07-20-2011 05:39 PM

A quilter friend recommended that I get a Quilt Cut 1 or 2, since I'm having lots of problems cutting pattern pieces. When I looked them up on line, I found that #2 costs $200+. Are they really worth it? Do you like it/them?

susanwilley 07-20-2011 05:56 PM

I have the Altos Quilt Cut 2 and I just love it. I use all the time. I highly recommend it. It took me a while to buy it because of the cost. For me it was worth the money.

ncredbird 07-20-2011 06:05 PM

Go to Yahoo Groups and join SewItsForSale
Used ones are posted for sale there quite often and it is where I got mine. They usually run about half the price of what you posted plus shipping. There is the Alto Quilt Cut 1 and Quilt Cut 2. Others may post as to the differences but from what I could understand the 2 is supposed to have been improved to be more stable and accurate. Ann in TN

RkayD 07-20-2011 06:15 PM

I bought mine way back when they first came out. About 13 years ago or so..I got an upgrade when it went to the 2..there's not much difference that I can see...The board is prettier with the 2. I LOVE mine! I have taught myself to cut with it and have trouble when I don't have it..its not impossible I just have to think more. =) The only down side is that you have to use their mats..and if you cut alot like I do you can go through them pretty fast. I was going to try an experiment next time and buy one at Hobby Lobby and see if it works and is accurate.

feffertim 07-20-2011 08:24 PM

Go to the search and put in ALto Quilt Cut. You will see many many posts about it. I love mine.

Enchanted Quilter 07-21-2011 05:57 AM

Love LOVE mine can't cut with out it.

AliKat 07-21-2011 04:40 PM

Oops ... I thought I posted to this yesterday, but must have forgotten to post it.

Anyway, I've had my Alto's QuiltCut 2 for several years. I got it before the arthritis in my hands got so bad. I love it. Don't think I'd still be quilting without it.

Our Alto's rep is wonderful, too. She gives classes all over. I consider her a friend and whenever we see each other we have fun together. If you live in the SW USA PM me and I'll fwd her info to you.

ali

snipper74 07-21-2011 07:08 PM

Unfortunately, I live in central Virginia - possibly the hottest place in the country . I haven't seen the quilt cut 2 for less than $229, but from what I've read on the Board, it certainly sounds worth it! I'll keep looking for one that's less expensive and perhaps ask my lqs to get someone in to demo. Thanks for your suggestion.

BellaBoo 07-21-2011 09:32 PM

I have the Alto Quilt Cut but I like my Accuquilt Go much better. And the Go with starter dies is cheaper.

AliKat 07-22-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Alto Quilt Cut but I like my Accuquilt Go much better. And the Go with starter dies is cheaper.

Unfortunately, using the Accuquilt Go takes more strength than I have. Plus then you buy the dies or have dies specially made for you. $$$$ fast.

ali