Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt/Fabric Shops in Oregon? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-fabric-shops-oregon-t115771.html)

trugger 04-13-2011 06:05 AM

Hi All,
I'm currently interviewing for a job in southern Oregon.
Anyone have advice/suggestions for great fabric shops out there?

drivingsusan 04-13-2011 06:45 AM

In Ashland there is one teriffic Quilt shop called QUILTZ.
It is the only one I know of within 50 miles!! There may be one in Grants Pass--I've heard rumors of one closing there........
In Medford there is a JoAnn's and just down the street is a Walmart that still has fabric..........
Will be watching to see if there are more!!

Lori Sunshine 04-13-2011 07:54 AM

I am in Roseburg and there is a great quilt shop here, Country Lady. We also have a Joanne's and Walmart with fabric. I hear there is a quilt shop in Canyonville, but am fairly new to the area, and haven't been there yet. Coastal areas have several shops. I have been to Bandon, and there is one there, can't remember the name right now. It is really nice, and they are just getting a retreat center going.
Hope you get the job you are interviewing for, and welcome to southern Oregon!!

Melis 04-13-2011 07:58 AM

Hi, my son lives in Corvallis, in the Willamette Valley, there is a very nice quilt shop in the downtown area...also for a road trip go to Portland to the Fabric Depot...go online for discounts and sales notices first. There are 2 very nice shops in Florence which is on the coast. Have fun exploring!

Airwick156 04-13-2011 03:07 PM

I am between Grants Pass and Roseburg in Southern Oregon.

There is one in Canyonville which is 45 miles north of Grants Pass or about 20 miles south of Roseburg and it is in the same store as a jewelery store and I believe the name is J & J's.
There is one called Thistleberries in Riddle which is only about 5 miles outside of Canyonville. Tomorrow I am taking two small quilts for Quilts for Kids for her to machine quilt for me.

In Grants Pass, there is Plaza Sewing Center and it is located on 6th Street between G and H Streets. There is a Walmart and they are opening up a Joann's fabrics I believe in May sometime in a shopping Center.

In Central Point, near Medford there is a shop called Janettes Fabrics and it is on Pine Street.

In Jacksonville, outside of Medford there is Country Quilts and Crafts.

In Ashland there is Fabric of Vision.

So actually there are quite a few around the southern Oregon area.

I just did a google and came up with the ones I listed and that was only some of them.

I hope that you have a safe move. And keep safe.

Singerjr 04-13-2011 03:19 PM

I a gee that the quilt shop in Ashland is fabulous. They carry such a wide variety of items it is fun to shop there. When I returned home to Ohio from my trip my suitcase was full of fabric and interesting notions I had bought there. While you are in Ashland check out the Ashland Outdoor Store. If you like outdoor sports it has really cool stuff. You will love southern Oregon!