Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt groups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-groups-t103697.html)

gramma8 02-27-2011 08:24 PM

I would love to find a group of ladies that get together, maybe once a month, that live in my area and quilt and chat. Maybe help each other with problems, etc. I make quilts, although not very good, and would love to be a part of this comradery (sp?) I've checked the internet for something, but I can't find anything I would feel comfortable joining. Absolutely no ladies in my subdivision that I know of that are interested. Help?

sharon b 02-27-2011 08:34 PM

Do you have a group of friends that just need a girls night away from home/kids//life ? Just start it as a get together and take it from there maybe ? Or call it a craft night and everyone can do what they want and if you want have short lessons

retrogirl02 02-27-2011 08:34 PM

Maybe checking with your local library or quilt shop would be helpful. I meet with a library group. They're a fantastic group of ladies and there are no fees for us. We take turns bringing treats to keep it free.

quilting cat 02-27-2011 09:15 PM

Does your community have a Parks and Recreation department or a Senior Center that might sponsor a "crafts club"?

BETTY62 02-27-2011 11:32 PM

If you can not find a group to join, is it possible for you to start one? I am sure there are others that would love to learn but don't want to go it alone. Either way, I wish you luck.

connie_1936 02-28-2011 12:19 AM

contact the arizona quilters guild. they can give you the names and contacts for a group close to you. i belong to the strawberry patchers, we meet in pine. pm me with your location and maybe i can direct you to a group in your area.

kamaiarigby 02-28-2011 12:52 AM

Hi

A group is wonderful, our local Longarm quilter/ tutor has a class room at her home, we each pay $5 this covers tea/coffee all the rulrs, cutters mats and irons are provided, we call ourselves the "Quiltzimers" we are all over 55, and yes we help each other, have untold laughs, the day sewing with friends is the best medicine one could have once in a while we going on a shopping trip to Auckland, as there is 8 of us we take 2 cars, passengers pay $10 each which covers the fuel and going through the toll road
Dale
New Zealand

desertrose 02-28-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by gramma8
I would love to find a group of ladies that get together, maybe once a month, that live in my area and quilt and chat. Maybe help each other with problems, etc. I make quilts, although not very good, and would love to be a part of this comradery (sp?) I've checked the internet for something, but I can't find anything I would feel comfortable joining. Absolutely no ladies in my subdivision that I know of that are interested. Help?

Hi Gramma8, What part of AZ do you live in? My name is Andie and I live in Avondale, the west valley area of Phoenix. I recently met one lady on here that lives here but she's on vacation right now.

Andie :-D