Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt information sheet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-information-sheet-t21791.html)

bearisgray 06-25-2009 07:13 AM

maybe the finish date

For dating quilts - if the fabric has been acquired over many years - is the most recent one the deciding factor?

wraez 06-25-2009 07:18 AM

was the quilt made in a class? Name of class, instructor.

And yes give credit to original artist if using a pattern such as New York Beauty, Stack n Whack etc.

The quilt may have historic value one day, so if you can, put a 'story' on it. The more the better.

mytwopals 06-25-2009 07:21 AM

It seems most of your designs are from EQ, lately. You could put a picture of the design in your document. Or even a photo of the finished quilt.

If quilted by someone else, their name or company name would be useful. Also any Pattern, Pantograph, E2E designs used in the quilting could be noted.

Lacelady 06-25-2009 07:44 AM

You HAVE to put the finish date, especially if it's your design, because wouldn't that confirm your copyright?

kwhite 06-25-2009 07:48 AM

I can go with finish date, but not start date.

Dorothy of Kansas 06-25-2009 08:20 AM

Definitely no beginning date. I keep 3 x 5 cards on the quilts I make and on it are the start date, quilt TOP date and finished date. Sometimes the start date and finished dates are YEARS apart!!! They became WIP and set aside!!! (obviously, huh?? :shock: ) On my cards, I also put a piece of each of the fabrics I used and how it was used, i.e, borders, binding, first color, etc. Should I run out of a color, I take the card with me to the store to either match it or find something similar. I file them, when the quilt is completed, in a recipe card holder!! The WIPs are in a different card holder!! lol Any other information I want, I can write on the back of the card. I also list the name of the quilt or blocks, who I gave it to or the reason for making it, the finished size and any tips/hints I discovered along the way to make it quicker or easier.

quiltsRfun 06-25-2009 09:36 AM

Did you include a photo? In these days of digital it's pretty easy to insert a pic into a Word doc. You also might like some closeups of details.

sewjoyce 06-25-2009 09:40 AM

I would also include is if it's hand or machine quilted.

And, would you make this quilt again? Yes _____ H*&^ No ______

JoanneS 06-25-2009 01:15 PM

If it's a gift, who you made it for
The event it was made for (wedding, baby with appropriate date)
Size of block, sashing, borders and quilt
Hand or machine quilted - I usually include that on the label, too
Whose design? If it's your own design, say so, eg 'using EQ6 with xyz blocks"

I keep mine in a scrapbook with a picture of the completed quilt and thank you note (if it was a gift) from giftee

beachlady 06-25-2009 01:18 PM

KWhite - I was also going to say NO to start/end date - the paper it was written on would probably be brittle by the time I finished.

Good info though - thanks for the idea. I have pix of blocks and topos and other finshed things in a photo album, but not much other info.