Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Journal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-journal-t112625.html)

Dolphyngyrl 04-01-2011 11:29 AM

How many of you keep one, I'm thinking of doing a scrapbook of all my projects

Grama Lehr 04-01-2011 11:30 AM

I think it's an excellent idea, I wish that I had taken better pictures of my first quilt......

Chickerson 04-01-2011 11:30 AM

what a terrific idea!

pollyjvan9 04-01-2011 11:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I started keeping a journal of sorts almost as soon as I started quilting. I take a photo, list name of quilt, inspiration for quilt, name of pattern or book and who I plan to give the quilt to and for what occasion. I have given a few quilts away without taking a picture and I sure get upset with myself. It is fun to look back and see how I have progressed since summer of 2004. The photo below is of my precious grandson who passed away on his 6th birthday wrapped in the 1st quilt I made.

Kuusistoquilter 04-01-2011 11:35 AM

I have a quilt journal with a place for a picture and comments on when it was done, to whom it went to and anything special about the quilt.

Baysidegal 04-01-2011 11:35 AM

I have a 3 ring binder with sections that include patterns, projects, WIP and UFO's of course LOL. I found some baseball card inserts to put pieces of fabric in and add name, fabric type, maker if known, and where I purchased it. I really try to keep it up, but as with everything else, life gets in the way sometimes.

hobbykat1955 04-01-2011 12:25 PM

I started doing a scrapbook quilt album using the old vintage wooden books I found a few on ebay with the black pages...It's great when someone wants to see your work so they can decide what they want me to make for them...Annotate the name of the quilt...I name them all...date made and who given too...

LoriEl 04-01-2011 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I started keeping a journal of sorts almost as soon as I started quilting. I take a photo, list name of quilt, inspiration for quilt, name of pattern or book and who I plan to give the quilt to and for what occasion. I have given a few quilts away without taking a picture and I sure get upset with myself. It is fun to look back and see how I have progressed since summer of 2004. The photo below is of my precious grandson who passed away on his 6th birthday wrapped in the 1st quilt I made.

So sorry for your loss. There is no picture.
I keep a journal but it is missing some projects.

chairjogger 04-01-2011 12:33 PM

you look like you are a young woman.. I wish I had a journal and pictures of all that I have made and given away.
In the journal, I think I would have noted special fabrics ( not all but very special fabrics) the salvage information of the company. I am still googling around looking for a specific fabric.
Also, in my journal I would have liked to have dated and a picture of the one I sent the gift to.. what they looked like at the time I sent them the gifts.

So, wishful.. I had started one.

Nice subject . thanks for posting.
Ell

fabric_fancy 04-01-2011 12:56 PM

i do, i have many customers who come to me wanting me to repeat a previous work and i need to be able to go back and review the job in detail.