Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilt label (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-label-t88502.html)

clair 01-07-2011 04:23 PM

I know someone will have an answer. I'am looking for a good program to let me print my own quilting labels. I have a new laser printer and want to make my own labels . thanks in advance.

KarylMc 01-07-2011 04:36 PM

I know there are good programs that these good folks will tell you about, but on mine, I have been using "Word", choosing my font and color, and just printing them on my printer. I incorporate them into a block center and stitch it onto the back of the quilt in a corner (so I can machine stitch 2 sides of the lable onto the quilt back before binding the quilt)

klgreene 01-07-2011 05:16 PM

Do you have an old ink jet printer. I don't believe you can make laser printer labels. I think they say ink jet only. But don't go by my word, this has been discussed before and I know someone will absolutely know the correct answer on here.

Robinlee 01-07-2011 05:25 PM

Need ink jet printer for most quilting label making fabrics. Do a search for "Altah baby quilt with label" in the "search" here and you will see the one I just did. If you have a scrapbooking program it will also work for labels. It's what I used. Then I added a picture of baby Altah.

amma 01-07-2011 05:32 PM

Sorry, but laser printers don't work for this. They all suggest ink jet printers, they don't heat up like the laser ones do. Check the instructions on these :wink: :D:D:D

scowlkat 01-07-2011 05:33 PM

Yes, have to agree. Cannot print labels with a laser jet printer. I too use Word or Corel Draw if I am going to print my label; however, most of the time I embroider my label.

clair 01-07-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by clair
I know someone will have an answer. I'am looking for a good program to let me print my own quilting labels. I have a new laser printer and want to make my own labels . thanks in advance.

ok so I don't know my printer very, well it is new and is a jet ink so my question is still. I need a program that will allow me to print my own lables.

Up North 01-07-2011 07:27 PM

I would buy an inexpensive card program they usually let you print graphics and borders and add text in all different fonts. I have several that I use but I make almost all my own greeting cards rarely do I spend more than $10.00 on a program.

quilterella 01-08-2011 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Sorry, but laser printers don't work for this. They all suggest ink jet printers, they don't heat up like the laser ones do. Check the instructions on these :wink: :D:D:D

I replaced my inkjet printer with a new laser printer this winter. I was making my own labels by printing them. I did a couple on the laser printer and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. They were coming out HOT and WRINKLED! Then I read on the internet that putting fabric through laser printers is a no-no, it could catch fire! So now I use iron-on-transfers and colour them. No more printing labels on the laser printer for me...

sewcrafty 01-08-2011 03:40 AM

Word will do a lot of what you want. You can pick your font style, colors, and there are borders in there also. You could also check out paint in your programs. You could always copy some clipart and then use fabric markers to fill in colors.

Just some ideas. Good Luck!