Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt labels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-labels-t195762.html)

ankegram 07-25-2012 06:12 PM

Quilt labels

How do you label your quilts? All ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

jodyquilts 07-25-2012 06:40 PM

I have an embroidery machine and I embroidery directly on the back of my quilt (BEFORE it is put together for quilting). I put the name of the person I am making it for with some sort of special message. I finish by saying who pieced it and who quilted it, with the date and city and state in which I live. If you don't have an embroidery machine, use a pigment pen to write your message.

AliKat 07-25-2012 06:49 PM

There are several threads on the QB.

I print my own with my computer and add a quilting detail using a cut and paste from a scan. I posted how I do mine on the tutes.

For the rag quilt I am doing I will use embroidery.

ali

grammysharon 07-25-2012 09:00 PM

I use Printmaster software for my labels. I can add pictures or whatever I want!!!

Jill B 07-25-2012 11:49 PM

naughty me, I don't label many of my quilts, but when I do I use embroidery machine.

gspsplease 07-26-2012 06:08 AM

Hi, I buy old doyleys from charity shops and garage sales and write on those with a permanent pen, then sew onto the backing. I love finding a doyley with embroidery that tones in with my quilt, and also like the idea of giving a new life to an old item that someone has embroidered with love, and mostly is not appreciated any more.

Digitizingqueen 07-26-2012 06:10 AM

Either embroidery or a piece of musline backed with freezer paper while writing with a fine point fabric pen going to try my hand at ink jet fabric next, love printed treasures quality

WTxRed 07-26-2012 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by jodyquilts (Post 5394704)
I have an embroidery machine and I embroidery directly on the back of my quilt (BEFORE it is put together for quilting). I put the name of the person I am making it for with some sort of special message. I finish by saying who pieced it and who quilted it, with the date and city and state in which I live. If you don't have an embroidery machine, use a pigment pen to write your message.

I do this same thing, embroider on the backing before quilting - with a few differences in the details, I include the 'name' if it has one, the pattern name, date, etc. When I use a Minkee backing, I embroider it on the binding before I sew the binding on.

YukonViv 07-26-2012 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I like to name my quilt, if it's a pattern by someone else I include that info as well, if it's a special gift to someone I try to include that info too!

I prefer to do a corner label and sew it in the seams so it's really secure although I've done more square ones too.

burchquilts 07-27-2012 01:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I used to have a lady who made mine for me. But she's out of the business now so now I need to find another way. Here's an example of one I had done for my DS in the past.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351717[/ATTACH]