Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt patterns- how do you organize ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-patterns-how-do-you-organize-t228128.html)

sewmerry 08-17-2013 04:22 AM

Quilt patterns- how do you organize ?

I have lots of patterns printed from online but spend too much time on looking for a certain pattern. How do you organize them so they are easy to locate?

Joset 08-17-2013 04:36 AM

i put mine in them plastic things you put in binders. i have mine in two binders.

Misty's Mom 08-17-2013 04:40 AM

I have mine in binders also.

DOTTYMO 08-17-2013 05:00 AM

Binders but now adays I store as many as possible in kindle or ebooks. PDF files are great kept in kindle.

WandaVA 08-17-2013 05:26 AM

I store mine in binders also. I put them in alphabetical order or, if they fit into a specific category (i.e., borders, juvenile, holidays, patriotic, etc.), file them in binders by category. But I also keep them on the computer--I have a file under "Documents" that is called "Quilt Patterns", and a file under "Pictures" that is called "Quilt Pictures". They are easy to find, using the search function, or I can browse through the files to find the one I'm looking for.

When I'm looking for inspiration for a new project, I can browse through the pictures to get ideas. Anything that I have saved is something that caught my eye, so it helps inspire me.

mighty 08-17-2013 06:25 AM

Binders sounds like a great idea, thank you!

jcrow 08-17-2013 07:08 AM

I have mine in two pattern boxes and two wall hanging pattern hangers. The hangers are really nice. But the boxes are a pain. I have to start at the beginning and dig through to the end. I guess with a binder, you'd have to do the same.

tessagin 08-17-2013 07:18 AM

I have mine in binders in the vinyl sheet protectors. I also have a binder for anything pertaining to my sewing machine such as my manual and any tips. One thing I like about the sheet protectors is that they are very inexpensive. just add another sheet protector. I also have some patterns on line that are added to my favorites. I don't have a color printer so when there is a photo of the pattern, I get out the color pencils or markers. I can make up my mind if I want to use the colors in the pattern or try another color. Usually do that when I check the different boards or emails.

charsuewilson 08-17-2013 07:39 AM

I had started out putting downloaded patterns in sheet protectors in binders, but it got to be too much. I just keep them as PDFs now. But I still have trouble finding the one I want on my computer.

Paper patterns, I keep in a chest with drawers the size of a pattern, also keep sewing patterns in there.

Patterns in books and magazines, I tend to keep the book or magazine intact, but sometimes I have scanned the pattern so that I have it electronically.

Dolphyngyrl 08-17-2013 07:59 AM

Group them together, traditional, applique, wearables, kitchen, landscape, paperpiecing