Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Retreat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-retreat-t34131.html)

brushandthimble 01-17-2010 05:56 AM

Along with starting your list, I set out a bag or laundry basket works great if you are driving. As I think of something I want to take with me, I get it and put it in the basket. The times I don't do this, I ALWAYS forget something!
wish all of us on the board where going with you! Enjoy!
we want to see lots of pictures when you return! :)

Deb Thies 01-18-2010 04:00 AM

I am so lucky as well- I'm going to a retreat THIS WEEKEND- 10 am Fri -Yeah. I'm also fortunate enuf to be renovating a small town (NE IA) downtown bldg into a quilting studio and retreat center--I'll always be @ a retreat come spring time :):):). I'm always interested in games to play while there to mix things up a bit--dice game 4-5-6 or R-L-C and the mystery gift exchange where you draw a # and can steal or pick an unopened gift....lots of fun- always optional for participation. Any other games/ideas?

Quilter7x 01-18-2010 12:17 PM

We play a game called the Left Right story. Someone created a cute story where the family's last name is Right and the words left and right are constantly said in the story.

What you do is have everyone bring a fat quarter. Have them stand in a circle with their fat quarter in their hand. Have someone read the story and every time the word "left" is said, pass your fabric one person to the left, every time the word "right" is said, pass your fabric one person to the right. It's a lot of fun! There is Grandma Right, Sister Right, Mother Right, Father Right, etc. When the story is done, you keep whatever piece of fabric you have in your hand.

This works great with a group of about 15 people.

We also play Quilto. Of course, we use M&M's to cover the Quilto board. Somehow, I end up not being able having enough M&M's to use on my board :D

hereca622 01-18-2010 01:48 PM

I go to Retreat twice a year. I keep a list of items to pack on my computer. I print it out each time and check off what I pack. I go over it just before I leave, to check for such things as toothbrush and makeup that I used that morning. You will probably add to it after your first retreat. I think of it as my well organized assistant, so that I don't have to think so hard.

hereca622 01-18-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Deb Thies
I'm always interested in games to play while there to mix things up a bit--dice game 4-5-6 or R-L-C and the mystery gift exchange where you draw a # and can steal or pick an unopened gift....lots of fun- always optional for participation. Any other games/ideas?

Another game that we play at retreat is White Elephant exchange. Each person that participates, brings one unwrapped book, pattern, fabric, bag, UFO, quilt panel, etc they no longer want. We put them in the middle of a table and draw numbers to see who goes first. An item can only have three owners and then it is out of the exchange and cannot be taken away. There are always one or two items that everyone wants and steals.

craftiladi 01-24-2010 07:22 AM

Hello from another utah resident...I can feel your excitment for the retreat...have a great time. I have never been to a retreat-hope to someday...be sure to come back w/ lots of pics.