Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shop closing (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shop-closing-t2354.html)

quiltmaker101 09-18-2007 12:20 PM

The local quilt shop is going out of business this week. Their overprices fabrics are all now $2.50 a yard!

And I can't afford to shop for stash right now! AAGGHHHH!!!

Torture!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-18-2007 12:24 PM

I guess you could take out a small personal loan at a local bank...it could save you money later. ;) You could sell some of it on eBay or something and make money?????????

Carla P 09-18-2007 12:27 PM

Good idea, Miranda :D

So, did you get to meet Kasey Khane or just his car?

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-18-2007 12:31 PM

Just Kasey's (and everyone else's) car, but I met Michael Waltrip #55 Napa car (note the hat). We had pit passes, and this was right down in the center of the track!

live2teach 09-18-2007 06:57 PM

I always hate to hear that a quilt shop is closing. Those are some great bargains though!

sewmuch 09-18-2007 07:17 PM

Isn't is funny they will sell for $2.50 now and still make some money,
to bad they aren't cheaper and maybe business would be better. I
know I would patronize them more. :mrgreen:
Off my soapbox now!!!!!!

mimisharon 09-19-2007 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by sewmuch
Off my soapbox now!!!!!!

Very well said! I keep telling the ladies at our 2 local shops that if they made it more reasonable more people would shop in theirs. But what do I know, I'm 'only' a consumer with little monies......... :!:

quiltmaker101 09-19-2007 05:35 AM

I know I would have shopped there more, even with their bad attitudes, if it had been cheaper.

I think their indifference to customers and gossipy atmosphere did the business in as much as the prices. Who wants to shop where you can hear the employees talking trash about others?

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-19-2007 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
I know I would have shopped there more, even with their bad attitudes, if it had been cheaper.

I think their indifference to customers and gossipy atmosphere did the business in as much as the prices. Who wants to shop where you can hear the employees talking trash about others?

Oh, gak. I hate stores like that. Makes me feel like I'm intruding. I don't like to give away my money to snobs.

ButtercreamCakeArtist 09-19-2007 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by mimisharon

Originally Posted by sewmuch
Off my soapbox now!!!!!!

Very well said! I keep telling the ladies at our 2 local shops that if they made it more reasonable more people would shop in theirs. But what do I know, I'm 'only' a consumer with little monies......... :!:

TOTALLY! That's why I try to keep my prices low. BUT you get those ppl that think if it isn't expensive, it must be poor quality. "What's wrong with it if it is this cheap?!?!"
What are they called? Fabric snobs?