Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt shop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shop-t184168.html)

decky 03-27-2012 02:21 PM

Quilt shop

With all the quilt shops that are closing, I thought you would like to hear about the one I go to. Right now it is in a small town about 30 miles from me. Starting April 19 they will have moved into a large store in the big city where I live. I think it is just great that they are doing so well. The owners and staff are just super people and I'm so glad that things have worked out so well for them. Right now they are having a huge sale at the store, today and tomorrow everything is 50%, Thursday and Friday everything will be 60% and Saturday things will be 70%. Needless to say I have been to the store twice this week and plan on going on Saturday. I bought 5 yard bundle for 12.50 today that I plan on sending to a friend who makes kids quilts to donate. Oh and I bought fabric for myself also, not much will wait until Saturday.

Pat in MN

Kim Bohannon 03-27-2012 02:22 PM

that is just great! so glad you are able to support your local quilt shop!

ging10ging 03-27-2012 02:26 PM

I went to Joanne's today and haven't been in a while couldn't believe how high the prices were even with the sale. We were all talking about how high they have raised their prices. The ones I got were 14.99 per yd and $9.99 per yd. for something special. I guess I'll be doing like the others and using what they have a just buying what they have to. I wonder if the day of the stash is going to go away. Sue

jhoward 03-27-2012 03:37 PM

Millie P's in Anoka(MN) is expanding! In a time of so many quilt shops closing this good news.

crafty mutti 03-28-2012 02:45 AM

Where is the old one? And where will the new one be? (By the way Millie's new expansion is wonderful!)

Bevsie 03-28-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by jhoward (Post 5095306)
Millie P's in Anoka(MN) is expanding! In a time of so many quilt shops closing this good news.

I love that shop!! Don't live close at all, but get there now and then!

Bev

harvsstuff 03-28-2012 04:43 AM

one of the quilts shops that have been opened for at least 20 yrs recently closed. I really
liked this store and the people that worked there. I have yet to find one that can match
the goodfriendly atmosphere of this shop. Enjoy it while its still in business.

Becky Crafts 03-28-2012 10:38 AM

It's good to hear some quilt shops are doing well! Ours is moving to a bigger place April 1st and we're really happy for them, too! They had a lovely shop in a bowling alley & I just heard about the move when I brought a friend in to visit it for the first time. We're both anxious to see the new shop! :-) I hope yours continues to flourish for years to come!

anita211 03-29-2012 03:48 AM

where in MN? I live in Northfield...

DJRustic 03-29-2012 03:52 AM

Our quilt shop here in West Plains, Mo is closing. This should be their last week. Don't think it had to do with the economy. I have lived here 3 yrs. & have asked & asked for classses, new items etc. NOTHING!!! they were only open for 5 yrs. They just wouldn't try new things. I even offered to come in & give free demos in different things. Again Nothing was ever done. What a shame. As that ole saying goes," Don't cut your nose off to spite your own face. "