Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Quilt Shops I visited on my trip to Oregon! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-shops-i-visited-my-trip-oregon-t205627.html)

SewExtremeSeams 11-10-2012 02:25 PM

Quilt Shops I visited on my trip to Oregon!

We just returned from our trip to visit my folks in Southern Oregon, Medford. Dad has Alzheimer's. It was so good to get to hug and kiss him and joke, as much as he can now, for a few days. Loved seeing my Mom in her duplex. She is such a joy at 84. My sis joined us also and we did lots of laughing and teasing. My visit was all too short.

On the way down we stopped at Country Lady Quilt Shop in Roseburg. Here is their website:
http://www.countryladyquiltshop.com/

They have the most vast array of batiks I have ever seen in one place, all arranged in color groups. It was so much eye candy I almost couldn't take it in. In the adjoining room that had wonderful tables with nicely cushioned seats where they hold classes. If I lived closer I know this shop would BE my second home!!!! No joke. If you are near you must stop by. WoW!

Then, on the way home we stopped in The Dalles, Oregon at A Quilters Delight. Again, WoW!

http://quiltersdelight.wordpress.com/

What makes this shop such a delight... great name for this shop, is the inspiration you immediately feel once you walk in to it. It's the samples of quilty things and the fabric choices used in the samples that immediately take control and made me want to sit down and sew everything. I could quickly tell that I wanted yards of almost every boit in the shop. Definitely a shop to go out of your way to visit. I will return next time we travel along the gorgeous Columbia River on the Oregon side.

I was told this shop owner also has a shop in Spokane, Washington called Quilt Cottage and only two hours from me. Next time we go up to Spokane, you can bet I will looking this shop up.

http://aquiltcottage.com/

Not sure if I will ever succeed in a Quilt Diet! :D:D:D

grammysharon 11-10-2012 07:25 PM

Country Lady Quilt Shop is one of my favorite shops in Oregon too!!!! I am a batik lover and I think they have a wonderful assortment!!!!!!!!!!!! I want 5 yards of each please (haha!!!!)

pandamommy 11-10-2012 09:39 PM

I was just in Quilt Cottage today. It is a cute little shop. Bought fabric for a retirement quilt we are going to make for our Pastor. I was really surprised when she mentioned that she had a shop in The Dalles, OR. I have been in the shop several times before and this is the first I had learned of her Oregon shop. We also discovered another shop in Spokane that I didn't know was there --- Hattie's Quilt Shop---another nice little shop. Two of my friends and I had a great day in Spokane today-----5 quilt shop plus JoAnns. I saved $128.34 at JoAnns! Saved more at some of the other shops, cause I resisted and didn't buy anything!

sewbeadit 11-10-2012 09:41 PM

It sounds like your trip was wonderful and it was nice to see your folks and sis. The shops sound so wonderful, I would be broke all the time instead of just most of the time!

SewExtremeSeams 11-10-2012 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by grammysharon (Post 5648673)
Country Lady Quilt Shop is one of my favorite shops in Oregon too!!!! I am a batik lover and I think they have a wonderful assortment!!!!!!!!!!!! I want 5 yards of each please (haha!!!!)

"I want 5 yards of everything", isn't that the truth! I think my wheels spun for about 20 minutes before I could even make a choice. DH was so wonderful and even pointed out some of the fabulous display quilts that he liked. A few hours before we arrived at Country Lady, we had discovered a hardwood shop in Grants Pass that carried quite a variety of hardwoods DH needed/wanted (just like me and fabric) and he loaded up. He and the owner made several trips from the shop to load our van. LOL We both enjoy each other's hobby. He makes exquisite segmented wood bowls.

SewExtremeSeams 11-10-2012 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by pandamommy (Post 5648822)
I was just in Quilt Cottage today. It is a cute little shop. Bought fabric for a retirement quilt we are going to make for our Pastor. I was really surprised when she mentioned that she had a shop in The Dalles, OR. I have been in the shop several times before and this is the first I had learned of her Oregon shop. We also discovered another shop in Spokane that I didn't know was there --- Hattie's Quilt Shop---another nice little shop. Two of my friends and I had a great day in Spokane today-----5 quilt shop plus JoAnns. I saved $128.34 at JoAnns! Saved more at some of the other shops, cause I resisted and didn't buy anything!

I will have to look up Hattie's when we are next in Spokane. Quilting Bee is a favorite of mine also in Spokane Valley.

MamaInRed 11-10-2012 11:04 PM

Sounds like you had a great trip. I live in the same town that Country Lady Quilt Shop is in. I have only been in there a few times, it is almost overwhelming the selection is so beautiful.

pandamommy 11-10-2012 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 5648881)
I will have to look up Hattie's when we are next in Spokane. Quilting Bee is a favorite of mine also in Spokane Valley.

Hattie's is at Sprague and Evergreen. I also like Quilting Bee. Another favorite is A Heart Like Yours on Sprague near Argone. So within just a few miles you A Heart Like Yours, Quilt Cottage, Hatties and Quilting Bee. We also was at Sew Ez too up on Garland---they have lots of fabric plus a big yarn section.

francie yuhas 11-10-2012 11:39 PM

Hood river Oregon is 20 miles from the dalles..on the way to Portland. It has a wonderful shop called ETC at 6th and State. They have a new owner who gets lovely fabric choices.

SewExtremeSeams 11-11-2012 12:07 PM

Wow, our next Spokane trip will be wonderful. DH shops at Woodcraft for his needs while I go off shopping for fabric. We will have to plan more time there. Let's see, I think I need to visit my Auntie Laura soon. :D She lives near downtown and loves visits.

Thanks Francie. I will put ETC on my list of Oregon shops. There are a lot near I-205/Portland but it is congested that I looked for a city that would be much easier to get on and off Hwy. 84. Hood River would certainly work. It is such a beautiful drive.